Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

WWII Marine display update

Article about: Hello all, I have been working on my USMC soldier and couldn’t resist sharing Recently added a lovely 1918 dated Mills Springfield cartridge belt and 1918 dated canteen and cup, plus a 1917

Default WWII Marine display update

Hello all,

I have been working on my USMC soldier and couldn’t resist sharing

Recently added a lovely 1918 dated Mills Springfield cartridge belt and 1918 dated canteen and cup, plus a 1917 dated cover- I am unsure about the canteen, but some WWII marines were certainly issued these old pouches. The price of WWII boondocker boots has precipitated the use of my old suede Colorado boots here, they are surprisingly close

Thanks for looking!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWII Marine display update   WWII Marine display update  

WWII Marine display update   WWII Marine display update  

Looking good so far what else are you planning to add?

Looking next to get an early springfield bayonet, khaki chinstraps for my fixed-bale M1 shell and khaki suspenders... Would love to get the boots, one day!

How long is a piece of string?

Beautiful stuff!

I would probably think the ammo belt is a Mills manufactured piece.

Cheers!
    Taka

Nice display! Did marines really where helmet nets of that type in the Pacific though?

Isn't that the 'British' helmet net that soldiers only really got issued had they been in Britain prior to the invasion of Normandy?

Cheers!

Ollie

Quote by olliecw View Post
    Nice display! Did marines really where helmet nets of that type in the Pacific though?
    Isn't that the 'British' helmet net that soldiers only really got issued had they been in Britain prior to the invasion of Normandy?
    Cheers!
    Ollie
    Thanks Ollie, you may well be right here mate. I know for the Pacific, a USMC camo cover or a khaki net would be ideal but I did always think this was an WWII US OD7 net. In any case I would love to know. I have shown a closer pic for consideration. Let me know what you think. Many thanks

SHINDENKAI
    Beautiful stuff!
    I would probably think the ammo belt is a Mills manufactured piece.
    Cheers Taka - You are dead on about Mills. 1918 dated. Regards
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWII Marine display update   WWII Marine display update