Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

WWII UK Great Coat Pattern 1940 - collars

Article about: Hello, I have in my collection two pieces of WWII Great Coats Pattern 1940. I have noticed that under collar I can see two solutions how to fix the coat collar if I would like to use e.g. in

Default WWII UK Great Coat Pattern 1940 - collars

Hello,

I have in my collection two pieces of WWII Great Coats Pattern 1940. I have noticed that under collar I can see two solutions how to fix the coat collar if I would like to use e.g. in windy weather.

Look at the pictures:

I do not understand this because at the first picture I could see this solution just in connection with WWII Great Coat Pattern 1939. My friend he has also Pattern 40 Great Coat and he also has the coat with the solution showed at the 1st picture. For sure I have also took the pictures about tag from 1st coat and at the third picture my another GC Pattern 1940. Do you have any explanation for these two solutions?

Thanks for any responses.

WWII UK Great Coat Pattern 1940 - collarsWWII UK Great Coat Pattern 1940 - collarsWWII UK Great Coat Pattern 1940 - collars

Very long time coming! I'm not sure but going by the Australian version, I believe the closure is detachable/buttoned on. Bugger I don't have a picture to show you!

The first one with the missing flap appears to show traces of removed stitching so perhaps it was removed?

Otherwise I can only suggest that the cloth flap was a later development similar to those added to Canadian BD's in 44/45 and British BD's in 46.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Here is an Aussie 1967 greatcoat with the separate attachment. This one is 'stored' by the left kidney on two buttons.

WWII UK Great Coat Pattern 1940 - collars

Oz.