Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

WWII US Navy PT Boat - Torpedoman's Mate 2nd Class

Article about: Hey all. Just wanted to share another uniform in my collection. Here is a WWII US Navy PT Boat uniform for a Torpedoman's Mate 2nd class. You occasionally see stripped down PT Boat uniforms

Default WWII US Navy PT Boat - Torpedoman's Mate 2nd Class

Hey all. Just wanted to share another uniform in my collection. Here is a WWII US Navy PT Boat uniform for a Torpedoman's Mate 2nd class. You occasionally see stripped down PT Boat uniforms but this one is complete with the hard to find PT Boat pin. The pin is the Sterling silver which was worn by enlisted and the occasional officer since officers typically wore gilt/gold. It is marked twice with "STERLING" and the patent number is 2066969 which was filed on 1 February 1935 by F.E. Farnham. On the left shoulder is the PT Boat Sleeve Badge which was abolished in '47 along with all shoulder badges. This was the unofficial 1943 version. This came with a mixed matched set of trousers as well as the Navy Cap which has a contract of 1933. Both the Top and Bottom come with the "Navy Clothing Factory" tag which is the sign of vintage WW2 issue uniform. This is named to H.P. Fullerton but I cannot find any information on him unfortunately. Thanks for looking. Hope you enjoy.

Check out my submarine uniform here

The awards are:
    Navy Presidential Unit Citation
    Legion of Merit (double check me on that)
    Asiatic-Pacific Campaign Medal
    American Campaign Medal

WWII US Navy PT Boat - Torpedoman's Mate 2nd ClassWWII US Navy PT Boat - Torpedoman's Mate 2nd ClassWWII US Navy PT Boat - Torpedoman's Mate 2nd ClassWWII US Navy PT Boat - Torpedoman's Mate 2nd ClassWWII US Navy PT Boat - Torpedoman's Mate 2nd ClassWWII US Navy PT Boat - Torpedoman's Mate 2nd Class

?

VERY nice!!!
    Im not typically interested in USN uniforms but i would
    Buy this! I always like the navy uniforms with shoulder patches too

?

The ribbons are navy good conduct, asiatic campaign medal with 2 stars, and american campaign ribbon

This is a very nice PT boat uniform. I have a few in my collection that are named and researched. I looked in all my PT boat book sources but did not find the name H. Fullerton unfortunately..

Smitty