Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

WWII USN Stenciled Deck Jacket

Article about: I recently acquired what appears to be a WWII USN Deck Jacket with USN stenciled on the left front breast, and Deck 82 Stenciled on the back. Everything looks authentic down to "Talon U

kerncountymostwanted
    ?

Default WWII USN Stenciled Deck Jacket

I recently acquired what appears to be a WWII USN Deck Jacket with USN stenciled on the left front breast, and Deck 82 Stenciled on the back. Everything looks authentic down to "Talon USA" on the zipper but being new to WWII collectibles, I question the "Deck 82" on the back of the jacket, and the wool liner looks thinner than those I have seen sold on one of the famous auction sites. Attached to this post are some photos of the jacket and the stencil work. All buttons appear intact and original, the liner and sleeve ends have some minor wear damage, the tag is faded and no printing is visible, there is some brown or rust staining on the jacket. I am looking for anyone who might be able to authenticate the jacket based on photos and information. Thanks!

Default Re: WWII USN Stenciled Deck Jacket

Hi, and welcome to the forum!

To the best of my knowledge, it is a good original jacket.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

kerncountymostwanted
    ?

Default Re: WWII USN Stenciled Deck Jacket

Thank you sir, I do plan to resell, but was uncomfortable putting it on eBay as original if it is not. I have not seen any sold with the deck number on the rear, and I am not sure how the deck numbering system worked on US ships in WWII. I thought perhaps someone stenciled the jacket after the war however I did purchase it through the estate of a veteran and it has that unique "I've been around since WWII Smell"!