Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

XIX Corps Officer Tunic

Article about: Hello All- I was hoping to have some opinions on the originality of this officers tunic. My only real concern is regarding the Signal Corp collar insignia along with the CIB. Admittedly my k

Default XIX Corps Officer Tunic

Hello All- I was hoping to have some opinions on the originality of this officers tunic. My only real concern is regarding the Signal Corp collar insignia along with the CIB. Admittedly my knowledge of army insignia is a little light but I'm trying to learn. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

XIX Corps Officer TunicXIX Corps Officer TunicXIX Corps Officer TunicXIX Corps Officer Tunic

Judging by the good conduct medal I would venture to say he was an enlisted infantryman who then commissioned into the signal corps as a lieutenant.

Thank you very much for your input. I thought maybe it was a possibility that he transferred but wasn't sure. Thank you again!

Hi mate ,these are items I personally have not collected for 20 or so years but from my memory I do not see any issues with this tunic. It looks to be a nice infantryman who has transferred to signals to me, but my memory may play tricks! Leon.

Thank you as well Leon!

?

Very nice uniform it appears he had earned the bronze star with one oak leaf