Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Any relatives in the RN?

Article about: Hi Dave, that is indeed a sad story. But thanks for telling it here. Hi Stewy, you have got to research your Great Uncle! Hi Al, it is great that you have the documents and the medals That h

Default Re: Any relatives in the RN

Hi Dave, that is indeed a sad story. But thanks for telling it here.

Hi Stewy, you have got to research your Great Uncle!

Hi Al, it is great that you have the documents and the medals That has now got me thinking about John's medals. I am pretty certain they may not have been claimed. I will contact my cousin. She could put in a claim as she is nearest living next of kin.

Cheers, Ade.

?

do that Ade , you never know you might have a nice surprise coming !!

cheers Al

Hi Ade,i will. His surname was Wilkes. I know where he was born etc. But can't remember his christian name. I think there were a couple of the crew by that name. My mum's dead now & i don't have contact with her sisters. I'll do my best though. Stewy S

Hi Stewy, that won't be a problem if you know where he was born. The CWGC site will help. Just put in his name and the details should come up.

Cheers, Ade.

Hi Stewy, just done a search on his name. Nothing comes up on the CWGC site for anyone lost of that name serving on HMS Hood.

http://www.cwgc.org/search/SearchRes...x=54&send.y=18

Cheers, Ade.

Ade,i'll try & contact my cousin. She tried to do some research years ago & she can speak to my aunt (her mum),to make sure i've got my details right. Stewy S

Hi Stewy, that would be good. Sometimes stories get mixed up by families. I looked here as well for you with no joy:

http://www.hmshood.com/crew/memorial/w/w_index.htm

Cheers, Ade.

Hi Ade,just been thinking & it may've been my Grandads brother which would make him a Johnson. Stewy S

Hi Stewy, that is more like it. This fits with what you said earlier about there being several men of that name who were kiled on HMS Hood:

H.M.S. Hood Association-Battle Cruiser Hood: Crew Information - H.M.S. Hood Roll of Honour, Memorials to Those Lost in the Sinking of Hood, Surnames Beginning with "J"

There are 7 possibilities.

Try and get that Christian name.

Cheers, Ade.

Next port of call is here:

CWGC :: Casualty Results

Go through the names of men killed on 24/05/1941, the date of HMS Hood's loss. Some have addition info with their next of kin's name and address, but not all. This may ring a bell with you if you know roughly where the familiy came from?

Cheers, Ade.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast