Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

anybody have any idea about swiss badges??

Article about: hi everyone, i bought a huge job lot of mainly swiss badges from an auction house recently, and have been slowly researching them bit by bit. I have now got to the "bottom of the barrel

Default anybody have any idea about swiss badges??

hi everyone, i bought a huge job lot of mainly swiss badges from an auction house recently, and have been slowly researching them bit by bit.
    I have now got to the "bottom of the barrel" and am really struggling to work out the last few.
    can anyone help with any of these?

they look Swiss to me.

Yes, I never saw....
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

1st of August is celebrated as Swiss National Day so maybe the first ribbon is connect to 1937 Swiss National Day?
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

?

1291 is the year that the cantons of Switzerland joined together in a loose alliance that was the precursor of the modern-day Swiss confederation.

The fact that this is the most useful thing I can produce in relation to this thread shows you that I will be of no real use at all.

Corectamundo, the 1st of August is our national day. There have always been, and alway will be, 1st August abzeichen :-)
    These are the common ones though, and not worth anything really, a dollar or two if that.

Quote by Jo Rivett View Post
    Corectamundo, the 1st of August is our national day. There have always been, and alway will be, 1st August abzeichen :-)
    These are the common ones though, and not worth anything really, a dollar or two if that.
    Many thanks everyone.
    yes Jo i know they're not worth much, but i picked them up for next to nothing as they looked interesting!
    Im most curious about the second one with the E.T. logo
    This looks home made, but what for???

any guesses??

thanks again!

Quote by bananamafia View Post
    the second one with the E.T. logo
    This looks home made, but what for???

any guesses??
    More proof that he never went home. See this post: https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/gold-...2/#post1080639

Quote by Jo Rivett View Post
    More proof that he never went home. See this post: https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/gold-...2/#post1080639
    brilliant!

Maybe it's a day badge for the anniversary of the invention of the Emmentaler?