Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

B-24 Nose Gunner Lot. Documentry film being made on him and his crew!

Article about: This is 400th post so to mark that milestone I wanted to share my best recent find. I got this at an auction at a good price. when I had it in hand I was able to research it and this is what

Default B-24 Nose Gunner Lot. Documentry film being made on him and his crew!

This is 400th post so to mark that milestone I wanted to share my best recent find.

I got this at an auction at a good price. when I had it in hand I was able to research it and this is what I found.

Lot was for E.Coomer the nose gunner in a B-24. 492nd Bomb Group 8th Air force.

They where the first crew to complete 30 missions in their bomb group.

492nd bomb group sustained so many planes and crew in action it was disbanded

Lot consists of
    1 set of sterling gunner wings
    1 cased Distinguished Flying Cross with citation paper and a sewn medal bar
    1 cased Air Medal with a citation for a oak leaf cluster Sewn Medal bar with 2 oak leafs
    1 bronze star cased
    patches correspondence and photos- some not shown

Both websites are well executed and are packed with fantastic primary source material

its definitely a interesting site to surf

Contacted film maker who did not have a great deal of material on Coomer. We are working together and he will be adding much of the material in and related to this lot.

Film site crew713.com

492ndBombGroup.com - Home Page

792th Bomb Group Site 492ndBombGroup.com - Home Page

I have group related pics on here much more content on the sites

Enjoy

General P
    B-24 Nose Gunner Lot. Documentry film being made on him and his crew!B-24 Nose Gunner Lot. Documentry film being made on him and his crew!B-24 Nose Gunner Lot. Documentry film being made on him and his crew!B-24 Nose Gunner Lot. Documentry film being made on him and his crew!B-24 Nose Gunner Lot. Documentry film being made on him and his crew!B-24 Nose Gunner Lot. Documentry film being made on him and his crew!B-24 Nose Gunner Lot. Documentry film being made on him and his crew!B-24 Nose Gunner Lot. Documentry film being made on him and his crew!B-24 Nose Gunner Lot. Documentry film being made on him and his crew!B-24 Nose Gunner Lot. Documentry film being made on him and his crew!B-24 Nose Gunner Lot. Documentry film being made on him and his crew!B-24 Nose Gunner Lot. Documentry film being made on him and his crew!B-24 Nose Gunner Lot. Documentry film being made on him and his crew!B-24 Nose Gunner Lot. Documentry film being made on him and his crew!B-24 Nose Gunner Lot. Documentry film being made on him and his crew!B-24 Nose Gunner Lot. Documentry film being made on him and his crew!B-24 Nose Gunner Lot. Documentry film being made on him and his crew!B-24 Nose Gunner Lot. Documentry film being made on him and his crew!B-24 Nose Gunner Lot. Documentry film being made on him and his crew!B-24 Nose Gunner Lot. Documentry film being made on him and his crew!B-24 Nose Gunner Lot. Documentry film being made on him and his crew!B-24 Nose Gunner Lot. Documentry film being made on him and his crew!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture B-24 Nose Gunner Lot. Documentry film being made on him and his crew!  

?

Great grouping. If its about the 8th AF I love it

Semper Fi
    Phil

More documents to be posted soon

That is a spectacular lil´Lot..
    And the nicest thing, it keeps it´s original context, that makes it even more worthful !!!!
    Congratulations.. I am stunned .

MAP
    ?

And here I thought your best find was your new(er) Avatar!!!

But in all seriousness. That is awesome. Just can't put a price on these groupings!

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Outstanding grouping friend.

Default Docs

B-24 Nose Gunner Lot. Documentry film being made on him and his crew!As it turns out Mr. Coomer passed away before he could be interview. Furthermore not much of his correspondence survived. As it turns out the lot I have has letters,post cards etc. Great at showing how he corresponded with family and friends. That is also his large formal portrait,
    Regards
    GenP

Map, I do have to say the new Avatar is generating a good deal of interest in my posts. Of course this can be used for ill All in good fun want to make sure moderators and members are ok with it. Anyway Next Post tonight Tinnies!

Nice grouping with a great story. But there IMO seems to be a problem with the ribbon with the 2 oak leaf clusters on the Air Medal box. It appears to be a Navy Expeditionary Medal ribbon. I recognized it because I have personally earned two of those for service during Beirut Lebanon. The Navy ribbon has yellow stripes and the Air has gold stripes. I have a feeling someone made a mistake buying a replacement???

thanks
    Burt

I took a look at it and your 100% correct. I got this as part of an auction lot and with pictures and docs showing the two oak leaf clusters I figured it went together. The to ribbons are quit similar. There was some navy items in the lot so I mixed it in now really realizing it. will drop that one out. Thank you for the good catch and your Service.