Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Belgian clandestine press medal

Article about: That would be great thanks stuka. I've trawled the web looking for Belgian Resistance insignia and it's pretty thin on the ground. A triangular cloth badge and an armband is all I can find..

?

Default Re: Belgian clandestine press medal

That would be great thanks stuka. I've trawled the web looking for Belgian Resistance insignia and it's pretty thin on the ground. A triangular cloth badge and an armband is all I can find... but thinking about it they really wouldn't want to advertise the fact would they?

I might ask if the forum would include an allied forces resistance section for anoraks like me as it's a pretty neglected subject. With France, Belgium, Poland, Norway, Luxembourg, Greece, Italy, Holland, Yugoslavia, Czechoslovakia and Denmark (sort of) involved there is a fair bit of scope!

Apologies if I missed anyone out.

Quote by easty View Post
    That would be great thanks stuka. I've trawled the web looking for Belgian Resistance insignia and it's pretty thin on the ground. A triangular cloth badge and an armband is all I can find... ......

Apologies if I missed anyone out.
    You were lucky then! Resistance stuff is rather hard to find! Not very expensive but very in demand.
    Beware for fakes!!

quote;
    "I might ask if the forum would include an allied forces resistance section for anoraks like me as it's a pretty neglected subject. With France, Belgium, Poland, Norway, Luxembourg, Greece, Italy, Holland, Yugoslavia, Czechoslovakia and Denmark (sort of) involved there is a fair bit of scope!"

Good luck!! While you are at it, ask also for a international army button sub forum, ...Kris is my name!!
    ;-)
    cheers
    |<ris
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

?

Ha ha... never found anything to buy Kris! You're right about the fakes and I won't be buying anything unless it comes from a 'safe' source. Some good medals to be had though. The armbands are very much a 'Resistance' thing and unfortunately so easy to fake. I'd like one but it's got to be right. To think that the real thing would be worn by one of these incredible people in action would beat any medal for me.

Forgot to mention that a regular letter left yesterday holding 3 examples of the lion head!
    I hope you get them soon!
    cheers
    |<ris

cheers
    |<ris

Here is a secret army medal I didn't know! Just got it today, by coincidence!
    No beauty to me, it is what it is!
    Also got the guy's other medals and his armband! I would have loved to knew thise guy's story!!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Belgian clandestine press medal  

cheers
    |<ris

The guy's other medals and armband!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Belgian clandestine press medal   Belgian clandestine press medal  

cheers
    |<ris

USRA stands for Union des Services de Renseignements et d'Action. Union of intellligence services and action.
    It is in French; probably because the chap was a French speaking citizen living in Flanders. A commoun fenomena in the old days, and still is but it slowely die's off. Most of them belonged to the aristocratie.
    |<

cheers
    |<ris

The Belgium Resistance Press medal you have is very good. i have been collecting Resisatance Awards for some 16 years and now have over 250. i must stress that most that come from EBAY are fakes or struck for commercial purposed.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3