MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

British Mini Medals

Article about: Hello everyone, About a month ago, I won these authentic miniature British medals off of ebay. They are the 1914-15 star, the WWI War Medal, The British WWI Victory Medal, The WW2 War Medal,

Default British Mini Medals

Hello everyone,

About a month ago, I won these authentic miniature British medals off of ebay. They are the 1914-15 star, the WWI War Medal, The British WWI Victory Medal, The WW2 War Medal, and the Australian Service Medal 1939-45. I was curious though; Does anyone on here know what the value of these minis are? I am attempting to catalog my collection and any help that I can get is greatly appreciated
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British Mini Medals   British Mini Medals  

kc1
    ?

Default Re: British Mini Medals

£30 to £50 on a good day, not mounted for wear so the group is readily adaptable for those who need a different combination, in fact they would be easier to sell split into a ww1 and ww2 group.

Thank you very much for the information =D My last couple of questions are would you happen to know the individual approximate values of these minis and are they harder to find than their full sized counterparts?

I think they are harder to find than the full size medals? But remember that these are not official issue items and were private purchase only. So not many bothered to buy them. No idea on values, sorry.

Cheers, Ade.

kc1
    ?

Depends who wants them on the day and what they've already brought, trio £20-30, War 3-5£. The Australian mini is the 'rarest, obviously not so many full size awarded as standard British medals, but correspondingly the need for one would be rarer to, 7-10£.

I would think £20 would be a generous price. Of course, some soul may pay £100 on eBay but I think that is highly unlikely. Miniatures hold far less value in general terms than their full-sized counterparts as they are usually unattributable and unofficial. There are exceptions but for a fairly standard group as shown that has benn mounted incorrectly and appear to be unworn then the break up value is all they are really worth.

As mentioned, I would group the ww1 and sell them separately.

I just recently picked up a new set of mini medals..4 of them are correctly mounted on a bar, while the 5th one is on it's own..the medals on the rack are the 39-45 star, the Burma star, the Defense Medal, and the 39-45 War Service Medal. The individual medal is the Italy Star...There is a marking on the back of the rack that says "J.R. Gaunt Montreal Made in England". Does anyone know what these medals would go for?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British Mini Medals   British Mini Medals  

British Mini Medals  

The above medals are modern, and go for about $10 each, usually.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Thank you very much for your input

Alex