Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

British WWII medals plus documents!!!!

Article about: Hi guys just wanted to share this awesome collection i purchased for just GBP80. Here are the 1939-45 STAR, the ITALY STAR, the AFRICA STAR and the WAR MEDAL with maker's mark. All of them h

Default British WWII medals plus documents!!!!

Hi guys just wanted to share this awesome collection i purchased for just GBP80.
    Here are the 1939-45 STAR, the ITALY STAR, the AFRICA STAR and the WAR MEDAL with maker's mark. All of them have their original silk ribbons.
    The documents are the IDENTITY CARD, the PAY BOOK, SERVICE BOOK, RELEASE BOOK and a BIBLE given to all who served.
    There is also a SILK HANDKERCHIEF and a small Netherlands flag (1st photo, up right) which i have no idea what it is.
    All items belonged to 7267197-CPL-CHARLES FOSTER-3, FIELD AMBULANCE-R.A.M.C
    Attached Images Attached Images British WWII medals plus documents!!!!  British WWII medals plus documents!!!!  British WWII medals plus documents!!!!  British WWII medals plus documents!!!! 
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

kc1
    ?

Default Re: British WWII medals plus documents!!!!

Nice to see agroup together with some documentary evidence to link the un named medals to the awardee.
    At the risk of raining on your parade do you have the post box and the award sheet which would have been in it with the medals? If not then it is possible that the group has been split and could be sold twice, once with the documents you have and another group with the box and award sheet, this is easily done with ww2 un named medals. It has been done with RAF aircrew with log books being in one collection and the transmission box with another.

Quote by kc1 View Post
    Nice to see agroup together with some documentary evidence to link the un named medals to the awardee.
    At the risk of raining on your parade do you have the post box and the award sheet which would have been in it with the medals? If not then it is possible that the group has been split and could be sold twice, once with the documents you have and another group with the box and award sheet, this is easily done with ww2 un named medals. It has been done with RAF aircrew with log books being in one collection and the transmission box with another.
    Hello kc1. Unfortunately the little box and award letters were not included. I understand what you have explained but it's something we will never find out. Personally i wouldn't have thought to split such a grouping and separate only the box with award documents, it wouldn't also make sense but indeed people can make various things to make money.
    I have other British medals in those boxes but they don't have award documents either.
    Now that i think about it, i have never seen a British award document.
    I will post some better pics for this group as these are lousy.

Time to update this thread. I have taken lots of photos. And better photos
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British WWII medals plus documents!!!!   British WWII medals plus documents!!!!  

British WWII medals plus documents!!!!   British WWII medals plus documents!!!!  

Service book
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British WWII medals plus documents!!!!   British WWII medals plus documents!!!!  

More

And more

Service book no.2

more

days of leave etc

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast