Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Bronze star ww2

Article about: Hi,i cant get to post pictures of this in the for sale section so i wanted to ask a few qustions on it,,it is not named but know who the guy is does that make a difference like is there a da

?

Default Bronze star ww2

Hi,i cant get to post pictures of this in the for sale section so i wanted to ask a few qustions on it,,it is not named but know who the guy is does that make a difference like is there a data place were the person name you can go and check him out?thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bronze star ww2   Bronze star ww2  

?

Default Re: Bronze star ww2

if the medal is named then yes it can make a difference on the price but the name alone wont bump it up by very much its whether you can trace the name & find out more about him the more info the better there are ways of researching named medals but as with my named bronze star the name is so common that i have no chance of pinpointing that person & getting any info on that name/person with out their military ID number hope this helps

?

thanks nick you been a big help thank you

Quote by pammy View Post
    thanks nick you been a big help thank you
    I have one of these as part of a Vietnam vets group. My set were originally found pinned to a US flag with an anti war message written on it and signed SGT J.Wilson 169th Infantry! The flag was hung on a fence outside the Whitehouse during the Anti War protests at the time. The Bronze Star was only awarded for acts of bravery so its a great medal to have in its own right. Research is so difficult without full details but nice medal all the same. Regards, Tim.

how to know a Bronze star used at war 2 or other time if no award book? they are different type?

This is a nice medal Pammy................!

You can try the US National Archives, but you may only get
    basic info, like DOB, his home town, date of enlistment, etc.
    It is worth a try though !
    Regards,

Steve.