Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Charity Shop Defense Medal

Article about: Hi all. "It never hurts to ask" is a phrase that hit home to me the other day when a mundane inquiry about military books in a small charity shop in Wales led to me buying this. It

Default Charity Shop Defense Medal

Hi all. "It never hurts to ask" is a phrase that hit home to me the other day when a mundane inquiry about military books in a small charity shop in Wales led to me buying this. It had been donated and the shop manager had taken it home to research the recipient, but she kindly went home and got it for me. I am guessing it is for a member of the Home Guard or another civil defense organization. Hopefully I will be able to find something out in the future.

Anyway, just happy to get it in such great condition. Cheers.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Charity Shop Defense Medal   Charity Shop Defense Medal  

Well done mate and good that you asked. Also very nice of them to go and get it for you.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Nice medal James.. & a nice set all together.. do you know what the colour on the ribbon denotes???. If not I shall bore you with the details Green is the countryside of Britain, Black for the blackout during the Blitz other air raids, & orange is for the flames after the bombings.... Cheers Terry.

I didn't know that Terry. Just assumed they were a some colors thrown together to be honest

?

No I do think somebody thinks about it somewhere for all British medals!!.. I did find out the Sudan medal way back in it's day.. Have a yellow ribbon for the sand,red for blood I think???. & Black for the colour of people we were scrapping.not very P.C ..but hey ho..made me chuckle.. Cheers Terry.

?

Great find.

Have heard it said that the German soldiers in a rather tongue in cheek manner described the Ost front medals ribbon as the black line denoting the German forces, the white represented the snow and the red on either side represented the surrounding Soviet Armies.

Great find and nice to have the paperwork and box!...

Sydney E Beard. Here's the 1944 phone book for the Norwich area showing Sydney E Beard from Mundesley.

Cheers, Tom

And he was still living there until at least 1955...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast