MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

China Service Award USMC

Article about: Just got this in the mail as a gift from a very fine gentleman. A nice clean US China Service award. Overall condition is excellent with just some minor discoloration on the front. These are

MAP
    ?

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    Michael,
    I'm sure you searched this subject, but for those that have not. Here is the site for those Devil Dogs and where I had gotten that pic.
    The China Marines > Tientsin > Marine Activities Post War

Semper Fi
    Phil
    I did not ...yet. But planned on it. This is a great link! Thanks!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Good morning to everybody. It is eight thirty on Saturday morning in northwestern Spain.
    I see you have not wasted your time.
    Well, there are the pictures of my China Service Medal. I have fifteen American decorations, which I must recognize that they are really very beautiful, and well sculpted and with colored ribbons always very accurate.
    I admit that it is not my specialty, so I thank you in advance for any information about what exactly I own.
    Thanks again to all and best regards.

China Service Award USMC

China Service Award USMC

China Service Award USMC

I have to take the opportunity to upload the images of another decoration of my collection that I really do not know much about. I bought it about twenty years ago.
    Thanks again.

China Service Award USMC

China Service Award USMC

China Service Award USMC

The ancient Chinese sailing ship: the Junk on its obverse.... The eagle on the anchor on the back of the medal... Perfect.

I know that historically they should not be together (for the periods in which both were granted) but I could not resist taking a picture of the two medals together.

China Service Award USMC

MAP
    ?

Both awards are original but are replacement examples. Produced from the late 60 ' s to current era. The give away are the maker marks on the pin bar.

The Yangtze example was issued for service in the Yangtze River Valley from 1926 to 1936. The other China example is what I described in my post.

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

TabStab,
    Check out this movie.
    The Sand Pebbles (film) - Wikipedia
    Gives you an idea about that Navy service and it a classic Steve McQueen movie.

Semper Fi
    Phil

Thank you very much, Michael, for the information.

Santi

MAP
    ?

TabStab,
    Check out this movie.
    The Sand Pebbles (film) - Wikipedia
    Gives you an idea about that Navy service and it a classic Steve McQueen movie.

Semper Fi
    Phil
    Classic. How couldn't it be with McQueen

?

Michael,
    I'm sure you searched this subject, but for those that have not. Here is the site for those Devil Dogs and where I had gotten that pic.
    The China Marines > Tientsin > Marine Activities Post War

Semper Fi
    Phil
    Indeed, you'd be hard pressed to find a better site on the subject than Dirk's

Mainpage linke: The China Marines > Home

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2