Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Czech Pilot's Badge - Can I get an opinion

Article about: I recently bought this Czechoslovakian pilot's badge. I only paid \\$20 for it and it's almost certainly a reproduction, but it's one of the better ones I've seen. It has hooks on the back and

scratchmonkey
    ?

Question Czech Pilot's Badge - Can I get an opinion

I recently bought this Czechoslovakian pilot's badge. I only paid $20 for it and it's almost certainly a reproduction, but it's one of the better ones I've seen. It has hooks on the back and even came in what looks like a specially made case (or at least part of it). Has anyone seen a badge like this before? Who makes them?

Czech Pilot's Badge - Can I get an opinionCzech Pilot's Badge - Can I get an opinion

scratchmonkey
    ?

Thanks for the link. Interestingly he has one exactly like mine. We had a short email conversation about it and he says that no one knowledgable has ever suggested the design we have is a reproduction, so perhaps I snagged myself the real deal! I'd love to hear from anyone else who has a badge of this design that knows anything more about it?

I don't have experience with these, but from your pics
    plus the example in the excellent link above, IMO you
    have a good badge. Too bad it is not the silver
    variety, but it's still very cool.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

Quote by scratchmonkey View Post
    I recently bought this Czechoslovakian pilot's badge. I only paid $20 for it and it's almost certainly a reproduction, but it's one of the better ones I've seen. It has hooks on the back and even came in what looks like a specially made case (or at least part of it). Has anyone seen a badge like this before? Who makes them?

Czech Pilot's Badge - Can I get an opinionCzech Pilot's Badge - Can I get an opinion
    hi,
    from what it looks on the pics, the badge is a post ww2 (1945 - 52) pilot badge to be worn on a field service uniform - this is the most common.
    czech pilot badge one can get, though it is rarely sold under ~ $70, so you got a real bargain there.

I am not so sure about the case.

cheers,
    s.

on a second thought: the badge is in a very bad shape and someone has attempted to re-gilt the wings. The poor soul however didn't do their homework and got it wrong - the sword should have been silvered.
    As such, I'd say the badge is somewhat damaged by being tampered with, hence the bargain price.
    cheers,
    scott.