Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Distinguished Flying Cross, the "Trinity" and my US collection so far........

Article about: So on a bit of a tear these last few weeks fleshing out my US awards collection. Coming up the curve nicely but still have a long way to go before I'm fully comfortable. And a big thanks to

MAP
    ?

Default Distinguished Flying Cross, the "Trinity" and my US collection so far........

So on a bit of a tear these last few weeks fleshing out my US awards collection. Coming up the curve nicely but still have a long way to go before I'm fully comfortable.

And a big thanks to Smitty for helping me out, answering my late night questions and even providing me with a few examples to add to my collection.

So while my goal is to collect all the WW2 US awards (not an insignificant number), I was really keen on completing what I call the "Trinity". The DSC, Navy Cross and DFC.

The last piece of the puzzle arrived today. A not so perfect example but nice enough. It is missing the ribbon bar and lapel pin but those I can find. The box is in nice shape.

Overall the award is nice but has a slightly bent ring attachment. Not a big deal for me. It will still display nicely.

The "Trinity"

My small collection so far......

"Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Very nice
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

MAP
    ?

Quote by Chopperman View Post
    Very nice
    Thanks Greg.

Have a few more awards that I have my eye on. Over all probably 15 more that I need to complete my goals. Probably will never get there but will see.

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I see you have the W.A.C. medal too. I like those. I got lucky and scored the ribbon at the same time. Still don't see a Utica medal!

MAP
    ?

Quote by carpediem View Post
    I see you have the W.A.C. medal too. I like those. I got lucky and scored the ribbon at the same time. Still don't see a Utica medal!
    Thanks. The W.A.C. is an original but 1970's/80's replacement. It was cheap and since two of my Aunt's were W.A.C.'s I decided to honor them by picking it up. I will keep my eyes out for a slot brooch example but for now it is fine.

As far as the Utica medal....that would make me go down a rabbits hole. For now, I'm sticking with the federal awards, and leaving out the city and state awards. I will say however that I have one of my relatives WW1 NY state award (last photo bottom) and Philippines American War medal (not in photo)

?

Superb condition makes a great example for display