Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Ebay Pricing Fail??

Article about: WORLD WAR II US NAVY MEDALS (6) | eBay this posting is what i call when people pay to much for a lot

?

Default Ebay Pricing Fail??

WORLD WAR II US NAVY MEDALS (6) | eBay this posting is what i call when people pay to much for a lot

Default Re: Ebay Pricing Fail??

The common medals are not worth much, navy medals i have know idea. Somthing seems odd.

Since when was it ilegal to sell purple heart?
    Medal of Honor is.

?

Its not illegal to sell a purple heart because in the warmans book it gives you the price and with the MOH it says its illegal.

?

its just 3 guys goin at it i bet it is the seller as one of them trying to get more $ for it

I'm betting this was a "final seconds" bidding error, you know, when you place your bid with 5 seconds left and some SOB outbids you with 3 seconds so you frantically beat the keyboard and hit ENTER! I'm sure the buyer will back out or come to agreement with seller.

?

It's not illegal to sell the PH however it is against eBay policy. The price was this high because of the PH. I assume it is named even though it doesn't say it is in the listing although he states the soldiers name which leads me to believe it is. If so, a grouping like this could fetch this much depending on the soldiers career or the circumstances of how the PH was awarded. Considering he received the American Defense medal, he therefore enlisted prior to the US entering the war. It's possible then that he was at Pearl Harbor. I'm sure whoever was bidding researched the soldier and something stands out that makes it a sought after grouping. I also assume the bidders received photos of the PH and confirmed it was officially engraved.

?

True i can agree with you with that.

?

I looked up the soldier and while the spelling of the last name is slight different, all of the other details match up. It appears he was lost at sea so the PH would have been awarded post humuosly which would make it officially engraved.

KIA PH are much more sought after and on their own can sell for $200-$600 depending on circumstances. Throw in the other medals, which individually do not hold much value, however when part if a grouping named to a PH recipient, they increase the groupings value exponentially.

?

How much where They they has gone