Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

engraved purple heart set

Article about: picked this up today cheap too, i think its ww2 from the pin engraved to Richard A. Masko

?

Default engraved purple heart set

picked this up today cheap too, i think its ww2 from the pin engraved to Richard A. Masko
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture engraved purple heart set   engraved purple heart set  

engraved purple heart set   engraved purple heart set  

Default Re: engraved purple heart set

Slot brooch aside, the engraving is an excellent example of a wwii-period engraving. Excellent pickup!! If you don't mind me asking, how much did you get this set for?

?

Hello not at all i paid 30 pounds, i was just looking up info and seen that the middle initial is in the right place as on some known fakes it is usually on a line of its own. Would it be hard to research? obviously easier if its a kia medal?

?

well that wasnt too hard

Richard A. Masko
    Private First Class, U.S. Army
    Service # 36750558
    22nd Infantry Regiment, 4th Infantry Division
    Entered the Service from: Illinois
    Died: 17-Sep-44
    Buried at: Plot G Row 13 Grave 63
    Henri-Chapelle American Cemetery
    Henri-Chapelle, Belgium
    Awards: Bronze Star, Purple Heart

Only 30 pounds (~$50)??? I'd be lucky to get a wwii period Purple heart, not named or numbered, over by me in the states for the same price! I've normally seen on average a KIA purple heart selling between $200-350 (124-220 pounds), although the higher end is for significant battles that the person participated in, etc. KIA's are easier to look up than WIA's. You got an amazing deal! Where did you pick this beautiful example up from?

?

I think its just karma as the last kia set of medals i got with bs and ss had fake engravings. And just a militaria fair, im just happy its not a fake! after the other two german items i got were fakes

Very nice named Purple Heart - and at a bargain price !
    You could find a suitable period case on
    Ebay for it.........
    Regards,

Steve.

?

That's a good idea Steve shouldnt cost much and back in its rightfull place cheers

?

That was an amazing deal!! Want to double your money??!! As has been said its textbook official hand engraving from WW2. It looks as though the purple insert is enamel, not the more common plastic. Can you post a side on view?

Rob

?

Rob good thing you asked as i didnt even check to see if it was numbered and it is! And yes i think it is as there is a crack in it.

I would let you have it only i collect them myself and so far this is the only named one i have, which isnt fake, sorry
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture engraved purple heart set   engraved purple heart set  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast