Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Epic Assault Troop Transport lot

Article about: This lot is from a coastguardsmen, I feel they are rather overlooked in ww2 history. Epic story on this boat.went all over the world was involved in many famous battles in the lot: Folding N

Default Epic Assault Troop Transport lot

This lot is from a coastguardsmen, I feel they are rather overlooked in ww2 history.
    Epic story on this boat.went all over the world was involved in many famous battles
    in the lot:
    Folding Navy Pocket knife Dog tags, medal ribbons, wallet( I think)
    Patches This was a navy ship crewed by the US Coast Guard
    Enjoy GenP

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Leonard_Wood_(APA-12)

Attachment 902523Attachment 902507Attachment 902526Attachment 902529Attachment 902531Attachment 902534Attachment 902532Attachment 902530Attachment 902533Attachment 902535Attachment 902524Attachment 902512Attachment 902525Attachment 902528Attachment 902527Attachment 902522Attachment 902508Attachment 902510Attachment 902521Attachment 902511Attachment 902509Attachment 902520Attachment 902517Attachment 902516Attachment 902515Attachment 902514Attachment 902513
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Epic Assault Troop Transport lot   Epic Assault Troop Transport lot  

Epic Assault Troop Transport lot   Epic Assault Troop Transport lot  

Epic Assault Troop Transport lot  
    Attached Images Attached Images Epic Assault Troop Transport lot 

Default opps forgot this

forgot the close up on the dog tagsEpic Assault Troop Transport lotEpic Assault Troop Transport lot

MAP
    ?

Wow. That is great. And agree on your view of them being overlooked.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

my mind is shot- forgot pics of the knife. the blades are much better condition they look like. I could not get the light to cooperate
    Epic Assault Troop Transport lotEpic Assault Troop Transport lotEpic Assault Troop Transport lotEpic Assault Troop Transport lotEpic Assault Troop Transport lot

?

Interesting to see the etched fingerprint on the tags, was that common in the US services?

Oz.

That's a good Question I will poke around, does anyone know about this etched print ?

Coast Guard, Merchant Marines, every one did their bit in those days. All heroes IMO.

?

Yes coast guard, us marines ,and navy had finger prints on early dog tags

?

Quote by Ubique View Post
    Interesting to see the etched fingerprint on the tags, was that common in the US services?

Oz.
    No it is not common. That is the first one I have ever seen.
    Very interesting.
    A rare tag I believe.
    A nice grouping sir.

Epic Assault Troop Transport lotEpic Assault Troop Transport lotI figured that this thread would give some people some enjoyment and that most time guys want to talk about the knife

Thanks Steve How rare is rare I will poke around for one

the print has a very heavy texture- what did this guy use 9 molar Hydrocloric acid. Whatever acid or base was used it was some seriously strong stuff.

I guess this guy did it on his own. But sailing around the world, its hard to find a body with fingerprints if something happened at sea.

Im off to look for one like this.I added a more detailed pics

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast