Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

family medal sold at auction

Article about: While doing some research on my grandmother's cousin who was a winner of the military medal and later killed during WW1, I came across an archive sale page from the London Dealers, Dix,Noona

jwp
    ?

Default family medal sold at auction

While doing some research on my grandmother's cousin who was a winner of the military medal and later killed during WW1, I came across an archive sale page from the London Dealers, Dix,Noonan, Webb who had sold the medal in 2012, would love to buy this back into the family but just thought I would ask here if anyone thinks if it may be possible to enquire if the dealer would contact the buyer (providing they still have details) to see if it would be possible or is this considered bad form !, prepared to pay the current market price, would just like it to come back to the family if poss, anyway your opinions valued, ( link below, soldier details)
    cheers,
    John.

Craven's Part in the Great War
    Last edited by jwp; 10-13-2014 at 07:06 PM.

kc1
    ?

Try British medals forum

Quote by kc1 View Post
    Try British medals forum
    I agree, ask on there as I am sure someone will know the best thing and you might find it was bought by a member on there.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

jwp
    ?

many thanks chaps, will try on that forum and see what happens,
    much appreciated,
    regards, John.

?

I have dealt with the Auctioneers for many years, contact them and you may be surprised. However the major problem is that a lot of medals are sold on to dealers who may not be so helpful.

Paul

jwp
    ?

thanks Paul, just registered on the BMF, just awaiting approval, funny thing is it would not accept my interests as Looking for family medals from the list of options so ticked Medal collector which it accepted !,
    John.

jwp
    ?

Just an update, I received a nice e-mail from DNW this morning informing me they had forwarded my details to the buyer so its just a case of wait and see now !,
    regards,
    John

Good luck!

As Glenn said, good luck mate. Would be a great story if you manage to get it back into your family, please let us know how you go.

jwp
    ?

great news after receiving some info from the british medal forum I contacted a dealer who had it a few weeks back, the lady I spoke to said she had received a mail from DNW and was looking into it at the moment as they sold it two weeks ago,a couple of hours later they called me back and the purchaser was willing to sell so a deal was struck !,the dealer is collecting it at a medal fair in a couple of weeks time and will forward it on to me, great its coming back into the family !,
    regards,
    John.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast