Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

family medal sold at auction

Article about: While doing some research on my grandmother's cousin who was a winner of the military medal and later killed during WW1, I came across an archive sale page from the London Dealers, Dix,Noona

MAP
    ?

Quote by jwp View Post
    great news after receiving some info from the british medal forum I contacted a dealer who had it a few weeks back, the lady I spoke to said she had received a mail from DNW and was looking into it at the moment as they sold it two weeks ago,a couple of hours later they called me back and the purchaser was willing to sell so a deal was struck !,the dealer is collecting it at a medal fair in a couple of weeks time and will forward it on to me, great its coming back into the family !,
    regards,
    John.
    John,

What a fantastic ending!!!! Congratulations!

Had my fingers crossed for you! And as usually, fantastic help from the guys here at WRF!

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

CONGRATS!!!!! That happens so rarely

Dean O

Quote by jwp View Post
    great news after receiving some info from the british medal forum I contacted a dealer who had it a few weeks back, the lady I spoke to said she had received a mail from DNW and was looking into it at the moment as they sold it two weeks ago,a couple of hours later they called me back and the purchaser was willing to sell so a deal was struck !,the dealer is collecting it at a medal fair in a couple of weeks time and will forward it on to me, great its coming back into the family !,
    regards,
    John.
    Please post pic's when it arrives

Regards
    Don

?

Good news, its good to hear!

Paul

Fantastic news!!!

Glad to hear that you were able to track it down and arrange for it's return to it's rightful owners.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

jwp
    ?

many thanks all and thanks to you great people for putting me in the right direction, very much appreciated,
    kind regards,
    John.

Glad to hear an happy outcome to this search John, excellent news.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Well done John - Congrats ! Please post pics
    and details when you get it.........
    Regards,

Steve.

?

That is awesome !!! I really hope that you post them here when they arrive. I wish I could be so fortunate with my search/Collection. There is nothing as great to have an award/medal with your relatives name on it to display!
    Good luck
    Semper Fi
    Phil

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast