Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

First GSM Medal Palestine 45-48

Article about: Hello Chaps, I've been waiting three weeks to pick up my latest buys from the depot as I've been plodding from the SE Coast. My first GSM named to Cpl P. McConnell from Dumbarton (My home to

Default First GSM Medal Palestine 45-48

Hello Chaps,
    I've been waiting three weeks to pick up my latest buys from the depot as I've been plodding from the SE Coast.
    My first GSM named to Cpl P. McConnell from Dumbarton (My home town!) It was a group of the box, medal, miniture (sadly it never stated that the miniture had no ribbon) Palestine arm patch, Soliders pay book and release book. I also bought myself a German medal and ribbon bar, a ww1 medal and bar of 8 WW2 medal ribbons which I'll upload in different threads

I'm really sorry for the horrible quality of the photos. I'm using my mobile as the ship doesn't have wifi.

Nice piece, can't be the same McConnell as your BWM though as he would have to be older than "Cpl Jones". Maybe a relative?

This one in case you don't know is to RAOC (Royal Army Ordnance Corps aka "Rag and Oil Company" in army banter) also now part of the RLC.

Regards

Mark

Yeah, this McConnell was born after WW1 in 1928 but it will be interesting to see if they are relatives

Thanks Mark I didn't know what the R.A.O.C was and have wondered.

?

This ia very medal with some nice extras to..I think the RAOC are now part of the RLC...As of something like 1993. I have a GSM with the same bar but I can't remember the name or Regiment??... Are you collecting all bars or medals or anything? lol.. Cheers Terry.

Just anything really. It all depends on what is in my price range. I started out concentrating on WW2 only but started exploring and I'm starting to find other era medals that I really like. I really liked this one because he was from my Home town.

?

I am collecting most of the British medals in very slow time...As they are pricey some of them.. You should look at Wiki that will give an idea of how many there are out there...It is a very interesting subject when you look into it more!!... Some really nice medals but some really nice prices too. Cheers Terry.

I Agree Tony, for me the price I paid for 4 different items was £220 but I have a new training contrct which has allowed me to treat myself I'm a stamp collector, both hobbies can be as cheap or as expensive as you want.

The next buy will be in January for my birthday

?

It is easy to over spend in this hobby so many shiny objects from lots of different countries you spend all day. I collect what I fancy too & that just keeps swinging in roundabouts!!. So I budget myself too well try too?? lol.. I am just about to pay for a nice MC group from WW1 & I am looking forward to seeing them. & after that a nice BOER group & a Sten gun lol.. Cheers Terry.