Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Found out after all these years where my pops war medals are....

Article about: Makes you wonder how many medals were never issued to soldiers. I spose most soldiers just wanted to get home to a normal life with there family .

After waiting 70 years, I think you'll manage...lol
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

So true

I helped my late mother claim her unissued campaign medal from the British MoD so appreciate what delight you must be feeling with claiming your grandfather's awards.
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

Quote by tailor marc View Post
    Thanks guys, its now 8.57am forms filled out but need a justice of the peace to witness the signing of the stat deck. Will be posted by 1pm
    I will also get a set of minatures

- - ------- - -

Still a bit annoyed that while the bombing of darwin went of for quite some time ( yrs) it isnt classed as a theater of war.

Apparently more bombs were dropped on Dawin than Pearl Harbour...Obviously not as devestating but still many deaths and a hardcore invasion.
    Bombing of Darwin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Hi Marc ,great news on tracking down your pops medals , they will look great framed and mounted with one of those pictures of him. You will find that the 1939 star was only issued for over seas actions as over here in Gt Britain members of the armed forces/Home Guard/ARP etc were awarded the defence and war medals but not the 1939 star and the bombing of UK cities went on for years! Also RAF base personnel may have served the whole war on UK soil and only receive the defence and war medals. I hope that makes sense. Leon.

- - ------- - -

Quote by tailor marc View Post
    Thanks guys, its now 8.57am forms filled out but need a justice of the peace to witness the signing of the stat deck. Will be posted by 1pm
    I will also get a set of minatures

- - ------- - -

Still a bit annoyed that while the bombing of darwin went of for quite some time ( yrs) it isnt classed as a theater of war.

Apparently more bombs were dropped on Dawin than Pearl Harbour...Obviously not as devestating but still many deaths and a hardcore invasion.
    Bombing of Darwin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Hi Marc ,great news on tracking down your pops medals , they will look great framed and mounted with one of those pictures of him. You will find that the 1939 star was only issued for over seas actions as over here in Gt Britain members of the armed forces/Home Guard/ARP etc were awarded the defence and war medals but not the 1939 star and the bombing of UK cities went on for years! Also RAF base personnel may have served the whole war on UK soil and only receive the defence and war medals. I hope that makes sense. Leon.

thats great news tailor marc. good here that you are able to get these medals. good work.

?

Good result.

Thanks heeps guys

- - ------- - -

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post

- - ------- - -

Thanks Leon, that makes sence!

?

Nice one Cobba ! ..
    Let the forum know when the "Tinnies" arrive.

Regards

Gary J.

A great thing to have done and hopefully they will arrive soon. It makes you wonder why he never claimed them.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Well done mate, you'll have something very special to pass down to your kids and every generation thereon. Another bonus is that these medals will not only be awarded to your grandfather but as they were not issued 70 odd years ago they will be in literally mint condition! The beauty of that is that they will be perfectly preserved and presented and handled correctly right from day one ensuring that they'll never suffer the neglect of being tossed into the sock drawer and forgotten about for decades as many other issued medals were.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast