Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Found Purple heart In Garbage!!!!!!

Article about: I cant believe this. My friend is a Garbage man. He went to a dumpster in Downtown and He saw this in the garbage. He gave it to me and Is there a way to locate this Family since there is a

Years ago, it was difficult to sell a medal-you generally had to include something like a used postage stamp with your payment to make it qualify as being a "trade"-which Was allowed. Today, things are more relaxed. A Purple Heart can be legally sold as can most all other medals aside from the Medal of Honor, as you mentioned. A PH such as yours will not command a large value, but are certainly not worth throwing in the trash can either. A quick Google search will give you a rough idea as to values. Good luck!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    That is a terrible shame.
    Isn't that a post WW2 ribbon????

Here is 1 Edward Rogers in Baltimore.

Free People Search | WhitePages

Maybe just call and ask. Its worth a shot.

Semper Fi
    Phil
    Hey buddy
    I am pretty sure that is a WW II ribbon with the pin back broken off. The zinc plated steel base is just WW II production.

?

Quote by SteveR View Post
    Hey buddy
    The zinc plated steel base is just WW II production.
    Thank you for that, After getting home from work, I checked the site I had as a reference and found that out. And it was shared with the OP that I was in error and it was posted in the subsequent post I made. I don't want to give unsupported scoop on this site. Only Facts!

Semper Fi
    Phil

Note to self. Don't post from work when away from references

you did good my friend!

so I'll try and find the family members, but it was thrown in trash by some family member. I'll just hold on to it, I feel guilty, not guilty but it's not my war, my blood shed. I don't know, ugh...you know what, I'll give it to a veterans haul..what would you guys do?, sorry about the question, just lost with this one, but im sure you know where im going with it . I respect it a lot

?

I would try to see if it was discarded by accident or thrown out on purpose or for lack of interest. Then if the latter, I would give it a place of honor and know at least somebody does care(YOU & ME). And know that you are the keeper of history and pass it along to other that will appreciate it for what it is. Blood for our freedom!!!!!!!
    Semper Fi
    Phil

Roger that brother!

?

Keep us in the loop of the outcome!
    Semper Fi
    Phil

Try contacting PURPLEHEARTSREUNITED.ORG

GLenn

Thanks for the link. I sent them a email to list it on the lost purple heart Section.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast