Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

The France and Germany Star

Article about: I saw a air crew Europe star for 380 pounds ! Is this the going rate now ? Kind regards Alex

?

Default Re: The France and Germany Star

I saw a air crew Europe star for 380 pounds ! Is this the going rate now ?

Kind regards
    Alex

?

That has got to be the highest price I have heard yet Alex I see them come up for sale here for around $350CDN and find that price a little high even. I recently missed out on one at $300 and I would have gladly paid that for it.

Regards Mark K

There are some scary repros of this medal around too, so best post one
    on here for the guys to see before a buy, if possible.........
    Regards,

Steve.

?

Steve I found a site called North East Medals. Original British war medals for sale.and they have some exellent information available on how to spot a forgery in the star campaign medals but yes if at all possible I will be posting detailed photos here first.

Regards Mark K

Gents...a rare foray into the Western Allies forum ! but as Mark is showing us his collection of "Stars", I thought I would show my meagre collection of British medals, all have been donated by friends and aquintances in the past few years....first a 1914-18 Victory medal) which was awarded to a Sgt of the fledgeling Tank Corps ! Then my Father-in laws medals, he was a member of the 1st Army in Operation Torch, Algeria to Tunisia, then onto Italy (Salerno) ending up in Austria, he was a dispatch rider in the Royal Signals. Then a set of medals from a Metropolitian (London) Police Sgt, who served at the home front throughout the war, notice the rare PDSA (an animal welfare organisation) and Royal Humane Society medals, he won these for saving/rescueing a horse from the Thames ! his other medals include Long service and good conduct Police medal (I have been awarded this myself !) WW2 Defence medal and a first aid medal. Finally some WW2 medals in their issue/post boxes, an Italy Star (His) and a 39-45 medal (Hers), these are from a husband and wife team, he flew photographic missions for the RAF over Italy, she interprited them in the Topography/Cartography dept, together with another 39-45 medal from a neighbours father, who was in a Scottish Regiment......the final photograph is of my Father-in-law (Sadly deceased) and his medals, as we have them displayed in the family home. Thanks for this opportunity to show these medals...
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The France and Germany Star   The France and Germany Star  

The France and Germany Star   The France and Germany Star  

Last edited by oradour; 11-16-2011 at 01:50 PM.

The France and Germany StarI read this thread and had a nagging feeling in the back of my head. I realised I had a collection of stars framed.......that I hadn't seen for a very long time. I searched everywhere for it then suddenly realised that last time I saw it was in the front room of a farmhouse - the other side of our village, that I renovated and sold last year to a retired couple. Getting the house ready for them to move into quickly I put a LOT of things in boxes in the loft...........to collect at a later date - wouldn't you know it..........the Stars were IN that box. I've just had a mad dash across the village to retrieve that box - everything was still there - in fact the box was still in the same place in the loft!!
    Thanks guys.............you've jogged a very dust memory today!

(Phew........close one that!)

These are mostly from different guys (vets) who gave them to me. When I was a kid my unclue had a pub frequented by lOADS of old soldiers.sailors and airmen (back when there were LOADS of them around. I used to sit there and listen to the stories before asking if they "had any war-stuff left?", sadly probably all of them are dead now - there were even quite a few first War veterans there too!

?

Very nice collection and you have some wonderfull groupings Steve all the better that a good portion is tied in with your family history. There seems to be a growing trend wth the younger generation to discard and or sell many of there families military history there is many a shop owner and dealer that I have talked with when Iam intrested in purchasing a medal , award and or citation to try and find some history behind the piece and the most common reply I receive is it was my fathers,grandfathers,and I have no intrest or need for it .THIS IS A SHAME to sell your families history for monatary gain. Davies435 I am glad you have recovered your campaign stars ths would have been a great loss nice grouping keep them safe .

Regards Mark K

?

Very nice collection of stars ! And some first class medal groups ! It's good there named to a specific solder as sommammy are not ...

Kind regards
    Alex

?

I have added yet another star to my collection four down and four to go my newest is the Africa Campaign Star which I purchased yesterday in a small antique store I stop in every once and a while .

Regards Mark K
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The France and Germany Star   The France and Germany Star  

?

I went to one of my favorite haunts yesterday and was lucky enough to add two more stars to my collection Gents !!!! I have but two left now to finish my grouping.
    The Italian campaign star and of course the elusive Air Crew Europe Campaign Star . Question would any one know were I can find an original ribbon for my 1939-1945 campaign star ?

Regards Mark K

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3