Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

France Libre Cross: Which is 'right' please?

Article about: I thought I would ask the experts which of these examples are correct for WW2 please? I suspect both will be but one a more recent issue? Thanks in anticipation.

?

Default France Libre Cross: Which is 'right' please?

France Libre Cross: Which is 'right' please?France Libre Cross: Which is 'right' please?

I thought I would ask the experts which of these examples are correct for WW2 please? I suspect both will be but one a more recent issue?

Thanks in anticipation.

?

Default re: France Libre Cross: Which is 'right' please?

Ha ha... Not a specially interesting subject then!

Quote by easty View Post
    Ha ha... Not a specially interesting subject then!
    I deleted the content of my initial response as I did not notice from whom the second post came. Sorry. I would like to know the answer to the question as well, as I picked one of these up at a flea market about 10 years ago.

?

Thanks for your reply.

It seems that it's very much a niche subject as I've asked others and got no certain answer. Plenty of detail on the Resistance Medal variations but this one is a bit of a mystery. I've seen it pinned (along with others) to the chests of freedom fighters online so it must be significant as an award.

Let's hope someone in the know comes along.

?

Hello
    good one
    there are several models of this medal
    you can't say WW2, because the "Commémorative des Services Volontaires dans la France Libre" was established in 1946
    very common in France
    cordially
    Didier

?

Default Re: France Libre Cross: Which is 'right' please?

Hi Didier.

Thanks for your comment and it's interesting to learn that there are several different types of this award. It would be nice to to know which came first as with the LONDRE version of the Resistance Medal I have.

Not strictly WW2 as you say, but as it was awarded for efforts in fighting the German occupying forces I just 'rounded it up'