Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Gold US Navy pilot wings ,ww2?

Article about: Both came frome save vet estate,small one for a tie?Other is a breast unform wings pin?

Default Gold US Navy pilot wings ,ww2?

Both came frome save vet estate,small one for a tie?Other is a breast unform wings pin?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Gold US Navy pilot wings ,ww2?   Gold US Navy pilot wings ,ww2?  

Gold US Navy pilot wings ,ww2?   Gold US Navy pilot wings ,ww2?  

Gold US Navy pilot wings ,ww2?   Gold US Navy pilot wings ,ww2?  

TC,

The full size wings ( approximately 3" size) will be the full size wings worn on the uniform. The smaller wings would have been worn on the side of the garrison cap or on a shirt. Not sure what size your smaller wings are but they look to be around 2 inches. If they are smaller, I would guess they would be a sweetheart piece. Both are nice H&H made (Hillborn and Hamburger) wings. I am not 100% sure when H&H starting to mark the backs of the wings with the % of gold filling, but these look to be good WW2 era wings but these could have also been worn as late as Korea. I am not well versed on Naval Wings so I will step back and let someone with some more Naval expertise contribute.

Smitty

P.S.. These are beautiful looking wings.. Nice to see a matched pair (being from the same maker that is)..

Thank you,appreciate it!

Large set - 2.75" are by 'H&H' Hilborn and Hamberger.
    Smaller size wing is by Amico.

A question - all these items you are showing, which
    you say are 'Vet acquired', yet you don't seem
    to know what they are or are just guessing.
    Are you a dealer........?
    Regards,

Steve.

No I am not a dealer,had most of this stuff for many years.As far as "vet acquired",a lot are not direct buys, should clarify that to" indirect" vet bringbacks,some came from picker friends,some estate auctions,,thats just what I was told ,but you know how that goes, and thats why I am posting for info.The stuff I bought directly from vets or family members, I have no doubt about.Thanks for the info on the 2 pins.I think you are right, no need to post all this stuff here,I can research it myself online as time allows.
    Last edited by Toecutter; 11-08-2017 at 05:09 AM. Reason: spelling

I apologize. I didn't mean to make you feel that you should not
    post items. By all means, continue - you have some
    very nice pieces.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Thanks Steve,no offense taken,I do need to take a break and let some others post some things,I have been a hog.

?

TC keep posting what you have collected. I look forward to see what you post, as much of it has been quality items.

Semper Fi
    Phil

Thanks AZ,2 more pins both sterling marked,these seem to come in pairs.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Gold US Navy pilot wings ,ww2?   Gold US Navy pilot wings ,ww2?  

Gold US Navy pilot wings ,ww2?  

Steve,

Thank you for correcting my assessment. I thought I was seeing the same H&H mark on the Amico wings, and TC, my apologies to you as well for giving you misinformation about the smaller wing.

Smitty

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast