Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Got this medal in box for $20, did i do well?

Article about: Hi, got this medal from an online auction, was marked as US Navy Medal but If im not mistaken its a Distinguished Service Cross with its Original box, looks like the service bar and other it

Default Got this medal in box for $20, did i do well?

Hi, got this medal from an online auction, was marked as US Navy Medal but If im not mistaken its a Distinguished Service Cross with its Original box, looks like the service bar and other items are on a uniform somewhere, still for $20 hopefully I did pretty good, and can even trade it for a ww2 german item or a good sale!
    Thanks Everyone
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Got this medal in box for , did i do well?   Got this medal in box for , did i do well?  

Got this medal in box for , did i do well?   Got this medal in box for , did i do well?  

Got this medal in box for , did i do well?  

Default Re: Got this medal in box for $20, did i do well?

You did do well on it, especially for it being a DSC...however, because it's a current issue medal, missing the ribbon and lapel pin, and it isn't the actual DSC labeled case, it isn't all too valuable as compared to a named, numbered, early or combo of what I listed..needless to say, if you decide to sell it or trade it, you can make money or get a decent trade

Alex

Great News thanks so much! For many years we went through trial and error learning the ropes, it is soo refreshing and motivating to have success on many things lately!
    My great uncle served as a door gunner on bombing missions over Europe during ww2...Maybe we could get a Luftwaffe item or something?! Anyone interested in owning this feel free to message me!

Have a great night everyone and best regards!
    Anthony,
    Longmeadow, Massachusetts

?

These cost a lot more than $20 at the uniform shop at the local Air force base by my house.