Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

help with an Italy Star

Article about: It has been a dream since I was very young to get a hold of an Italy Star. Today I found this one on lakesidetrader.com. Upon doing some research i have come to find that there are a lot of

Default Re: help with an Italy Star

In general, especially with items of this type and from a dealer which is recognized as reputable on Ebay, you should be fine. If its a rarer or more valuable item you're best off running it by members of this forum just to make sure, but as for these items, Ebay is your best route.

I've had a look around on dealers websites, even those more local to you and none of them match the price of that listing on Ebay.

I'd say go for it, there's nothing to worry about but if you don't feel confident enough with ebay, fair enough

Tom

I took your advice and I purchased An Italy Star and A 1939 - 1945 Star thank you for all your help

I'm glad to hear it Did you end up buying it from that eBay link I posted?

Once you get used to eBay and its sometimes slow postage times, you'll start to pick up some real bargains. You'll have a war and defence medal in no time and then multiple campaign stars to follow!

Be sure to post the pictures to this thread when they arrive so I can see the start of your Brit medal collection.

Cheers
    Tom

Yes sir

The star is definitely good; I wouldn't pay more than $15, which is exactly how much I got mine for (although I've seen them sold for at most $20-25)...More common stars aren't worth faking because they're not as valuable as the more rare stars (Atlantic, Pacific and Aircrew Europe). I got VERY lucky with my Pacific Star...It showed just the medal in the auction and not the ribbon that was included, so I snagged it at $35 (I've seen it go for about 3 times what I paid).

A couple of hallmark way of telling a real from a fake for the more common stars:
    - Check the "E"'s. On originals (Not including ACE stars, since repro's are disturbingly similar the middle dash is noticeably shorter than the top and bottom.
    -Check the pebbling that the name of the star is on. Originals have nice even pebbling. Fakes have spotty and uneven pebbling.
    -The Crown should have 4-5 dots leading down to the bottom of the middle. Fakes have more.

Hope this helps

Alex

Be careful of later 70s issues aswell, they arnt fake but are less desirable so to speak, it's easy to tell the difference though, look at the round centre of the star and compaire it with the suspension ring, if the rings are roughly the same diameter it's a re-issue or a 70s version. If the suspension ring is smaller its more likely a 40s/50s claimed award. Hope this makes sense as tbh I've just woke up lol

My grandads Italy star.

?

also just to show you some of the rarer stars air crew europe and battle of britan bar
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture help with an Italy Star   help with an Italy Star  

Quote by rory View Post
    also just to show you some of the rarer stars air crew europe and battle of britan bar
    Rory, I wish I could get my hands on an Air Crew Europe of my own! Bit out of my price range though .

Tom

?

God i wouldnt even know what they go for now Tom ill have a look round tho never know your luck

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast