Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Home Guard Defence medal & paperwork

Article about: Evening gents, I just bought this unusual WW2 Home Guard grouping to an Engineer Captain in the East Lancs HG. I have personally not come across a military ID Card before, as they were norma

Default Home Guard Defence medal & paperwork

Evening gents, I just bought this unusual WW2 Home Guard grouping to an Engineer Captain in the East Lancs HG. I have personally not come across a military ID Card before, as they were normally handed back to the war office after service was completed (mine certainly was!) . Leon.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Home Guard Defence medal & paperwork   Home Guard Defence medal & paperwork  

Very intresting Leon and thanks for posting

Matt

I'm suprised at how (comparatively) sophisticated the officer's ID card is. Perhaps the photo ID was because he weas an officer? I have my grandmother's security pass and it is just a printed piece of card with a signature on and I have a military driver's license to a gunner in the RA and again its just a simple piece of printed card.

I have posted an Officers ID card in the past. They are good items to find.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Here's a close up of the ID card and paper work, it all looks fine to me, the photo is even impressed with the TA mark for Manchester. Leon.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Home Guard Defence medal & paperwork   Home Guard Defence medal & paperwork  

Home Guard Defence medal & paperwork   Home Guard Defence medal & paperwork  

nice find leon!