Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

info on u.s ww2 medal group

Article about: Help, is there anyone out there who can help me to get more info on an american group of medals??, i have his dog tags along with some of his medals. I was told that this man won not 1 but 3

skiraider
    ?

Default info on u.s ww2 medal group

Help, is there anyone out there who can help me to get more info on an american group of medals??, i have his dog tags along with some of his medals. I was told that this man won not 1 but 3 bronze stars, purple heart, along with the usual. In this mans obituary ( in the Antioch news il) it confirms this BUT i cannot make contact with this paper.
    His name was Alphonse prewara who served as a staff Sargent (36300320) F company 145th infantry regiment during the capture of Manilla, the invasion of the Philippines etc.
    Also i have his 37th division patch, Is there anyone out there who can help me?? hope so as i just want to find out as much as i can. Thanks a lot for just reading this.
    Pete.

Hello welcome to the forum,
    Are the below pictures the lot of which you speak. Going forward on the forum try to provide pics as it gives those who can help info they need to get information.Below is the basis nara enlistment record
    https://aad.archives.gov/aad/record-...=1&rid=6476334
    There was a fire in the archives in the 1970's and a massive amount of ww2 era documents were lost. So in some cases there is nothing further available.
    You can look at old unit histories,file for publicly available records, you can find record in his home town or county
    The first clipping is from a newspaper during the war.
    the obituaries while they can give you info can be incorrect. Sometimes family puts info in that they "think" their loved one did XYZ and they are mistaken as they are not vetted. I say this in advance so there will be less of a disappointment if the claims turn out to be unfounded.
    If he did get the purple heart unfortunately medals at that level get separated and sold speratley or don't get listed as Ebay in the US does not allow it.
    I am sure the guys here can give you some further info I suggest you do some further digging on his unit.
    Regards
    General P
    info on u.s ww2 medal groupinfo on u.s ww2 medal groupinfo on u.s ww2 medal groupinfo on u.s ww2 medal group

skiraider
    ?

Hi, many thanks for your help, that was my first time and not being to good at this but if you can think of any thing else would be very happy
    have a good christmas.
    Pete

?

If the pic the General is showing is the one the OP is asking about.
    As far as the ribbon bar from left to right is the American Campaign,Asiatic-Pacific Campaign (Which he participated in 2 campaigns) and the Philippine Liberation ribbon.

Semper Fi
    Phil