Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Joint Chiefs if Staff badge. What is it?

Article about: Can someone tell me what this is? How old is it? Is it original? Does it have any value? I have it for about 7 years now I think, but never really knew what it was.

Question Joint Chiefs if Staff badge. What is it?

Can someone tell me what this is? How old is it? Is it original? Does it have any value?

I have it for about 7 years now I think, but never really knew what it was.

Default Re: Joint Chiefs if Staff badge. What is it?

It's a challenger coin. Doesn't look that old.

?

It's a "coin." These are given by senior officers to anyone they think deserves it. The man who gave it is easily researched online.
    And reading the other forum where you posted, I doubt very much if he would want it back, it was not issued to him, but was one of several he would have had to give away.
    Nice item.

Best Regards,

Andy
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff8c00][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

Okay thanks I indeed posted it on another forum but I just wanted this forum's expert opinion , any idea about the rarity of it and does it have any collectible value?

?

Quote by kirederf7 View Post
    Okay thanks I indeed posted it on another forum but I just wanted this forum's expert opinion , any idea about the rarity of it and does it have any collectible value?
    I've seen Presidential ones selling for $60.00, so it's probably not worth a lot. Lots of people collect these though. Why not hang onto it?

Best Regards,

Andy
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff8c00][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

I think there are people who would appreciate it more. It doesn't really mean anything to me and it would be better to pass it onto a collector.

They vary in value. Usually depends on how detailed and colorful it is, and what it represents. I have one from the presidential helicopter squadron communications unit. Luckily I knew a marine major in that unit so it was free. I have a few others from varying organizations and they cost around $20 I think. Been a while since I bought one. I'd say yours might be worth around $40-50, based on the detailed design. I don't think there is a huge collector market for these coins.