Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

A little bit old..but still very nice.Have a look.

Article about: Hello everybody here is an older than usual medal we get on here!. It is a nicely named Crimea Medal with the Sebastopol clasp/bar..As my collecting takes me of in many angles I have decided

?

Default A little bit old..but still very nice.Have a look.

Hello everybody here is an older than usual medal we get on here!. It is a nicely named Crimea Medal with the Sebastopol clasp/bar..As my collecting takes me of in many angles I have decided to start collecting all the British Campaign medals in slow time like you do, so now & then you might get 1 pop up on here..I'm no expert on each medal so any info would be great.. Thanks for looking. Cheers Terry. A little bit old..but still very nice.Have a look.A little bit old..but still very nice.Have a look.A little bit old..but still very nice.Have a look.A little bit old..but still very nice.Have a look.A little bit old..but still very nice.Have a look.A little bit old..but still very nice.Have a look.

Love it!....

Looks like a nice gong Terry
    Ben

?

You might have 1 Ben when you were in?? lol. Only joking of course.. cheers Gents. Terry.

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    Love it!....
    Me too,nice to see something in such nice condition that is from a differant century,great buy Terry.

?

I've always thought these one of the most beautiful Victorian campaign medals, especially the bars in the form of a stylised oak leaf, but really the whole thing was finely composed and executed (how unlike the campaign itself...! ).

Thank you for showing it.

Philip

?

Thanks gents.. Yes I did hear the whole affair was a bit of a cluster from start to finish..Mind I think the campaign was just an excuse for a punch up.....Cheers Terry...

I really like the style of these medals. Although whenever I see one it brings home the fact that my great uncle sold one that was in the family, he said it had 4 clasps Also Terry, nice to have it named. I know you can get them unnamed but I sort of think, whats the point. Thanks for posting.

?

Cheers James...4 clasps would fetch a few quids!!.. & a family loom too shame that but these things happen!!. I am collecting the British Campaign medals slowly so I might get the odd un-named one so don't shoot me down in flames if I do!!! lol.. Cheers Terry.
    Last edited by Tango; 10-26-2013 at 05:19 PM.

Love it too! Wouldn't mind to get one too...ever!
    |<ris
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast