Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

A little bit old..but still very nice.Have a look.

Article about: Hello everybody here is an older than usual medal we get on here!. It is a nicely named Crimea Medal with the Sebastopol clasp/bar..As my collecting takes me of in many angles I have decided

kc1
    ?

Who is it named too? Whats the style of naming

?

I can't remember without looking. & I ain't asking the Missus to get up & look lol.. I work away from home & that is where the medal is at home!! I will try to ask very nicely if the Missus will take some snaps of the side tomorrow.. Cheers Terry.

Quote by Tango View Post
    Cheers James...4 clasps would fetch a few quids!!.. & a family loom too shame that but these things happen!!. I am collecting the British Campaign medals slowly so I might get the odd un-named one so don't shoot me down in flames if I do!!! lol.. Cheers Terry.
    Yeah, i'll get over it eventually. Some were issued unnamed, so would still be pretty good. But nicer to get it named. Just depends what falls into ones lap at the correct price
    Last edited by Spitace41; 10-26-2013 at 06:41 PM. Reason: error

?

You hit the nail on the head James it is all about the pennies unless you have loads of them...Me I'm not bothered if it named or not I ain't paying an extra 200 big ones for somebodies name on it. As I won't have time to research everybodies medals..... Cheers Terry.

kc1
    ?

Who is it named too? Whats the style of naming. sorry managed to post twice. there are 3 types of medal, un named, unofficially engraved and officially impressed, i have the crimea roll on cd somewhere if you can dig out any more detail i can try and look up

with old british medals you have to be careful because some dealers wipe the old name and regt.off,then put on a more famous regiment with name.

?

Hello KC1 here are some snaps of the name..I can't get anymore snaps until I get home!!!MANIER CONSTANTIN I think it says???. Thanks for your time see what you come up with? Cheers Terry. A little bit old..but still very nice.Have a look.A little bit old..but still very nice.Have a look.

kc1
    ?

Manier can be the french loosely for labourer so it could be to labourer Constantin one of the French part of the task force invading Russia in 1854. The French being our allies were also entitled to this award. The clasps are usually loose, not riveted, and i believe the French may have had ones made for their own actions. They were also issued un named to the French so there would be no record of this individual.

?

KC1 thanks for the info very interesting.. Thats ok I don't mind the medal being issued to a Frenchman lol.. So thanks again for your time & effort..A true gent. Cheers Terry.

Great medal Terry.

I bought one of these a few years back. I may have overpaid
    because it had been polished, but as said they are a nicely
    designed and beautiful medal - always liked them.

Named or not, still cool to have a piece
    of ancient history.........
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A little bit old..but still very nice.Have a look.   A little bit old..but still very nice.Have a look.  

A little bit old..but still very nice.Have a look.   A little bit old..but still very nice.Have a look.  

A little bit old..but still very nice.Have a look.  
    Regards,

Steve.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast