Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Looking foir info and photos of WWII british Para Wings--metal only

Article about: Same seller who had those American Air Gunner wings also has a set of WWII British para Wings for sale. only thing is i know absolutely nothing on them or even if those are real. Does anyone

Default Looking foir info and photos of WWII british Para Wings--metal only

Same seller who had those American Air Gunner wings also has a set of WWII British para Wings for sale. only thing is i know absolutely nothing on them or even if those are real. Does anyone here have a knowledge or photos of them? I looked at the site Ade gave to me but found only cloth para badges listed and photos of those posted.

The ones I saw for sale had a "Brassy or Gold" look to them. I didnt get a chance to hold these and I only saw them in a showcase-and not wearing my glasses.

Default Re: Looking foir info and photos of WWII british Para Wings--metal only

I don't believe such a thing existed. The British Parachute Qualification Badge was always a cloth badge as far as I know. Are you thinking of the Parachute Regiment cap badge perhaps?

Rob

Hi Carl, or are you taking US wings, Brit made? If so these certainly existed.

But British Army wings were not made in metal.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thank you Gents and these might be cap wings? Ill see if I can get more info on them this weekend and will tell you guys what they look like. I dont have a way for pics but ill see if I can get approx dimensions and will see if that helps? These appea to eb aabout the size of the American wings but a goldish or brassy like color. Ill write more on these when I get a better look. Or perhaps they arent British? Ill see if I can get anything on markings if any?

Hi Ade, Rob and all. I think the mystery has been solved. I went and got a better look at the "wings" and apparently they are akin to a "Sweetheart Jewelry" item. I told the sellers what I learned from you guys and they are now corrected and pulled the piece as British Para Wings.

Thanks to you all for the help.

Best regards-_Carl.

?

Brass qualification wings do exist, but they are post-war made for tropical dress. There are two patterns, one for parachutists and one for SAS.
    Apparently, a brass cap badge was issued first to parachutists in WWII and quickly changed to wm.Attachment 363276

Quote by LucN View Post
    Brass qualification wings do exist, but they are post-war made for tropical dress. There are two patterns, one for parachutists and one for SAS.
    Apparently, a brass cap badge was issued first to parachutists in WWII and quickly changed to wm.Attachment 363276
    Thank you luc and sorry it took so long to reply. Ive not had lots of time to spend on the net lately. Also, I cant see any photos-I get an invalid link message

?

Attachment 367186

- - Updated - -

It seems to work this time, otherwise it is shown on my website.