Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

M.C George V.. & case

Article about: Hello everybody.. I was wondering if anybody could help me out with this one? I am pretty sure it is okay by looking at the photos but I would a second or third opinion? Thanks for looking &

?

Default M.C George V.. & case

Hello everybody.. I was wondering if anybody could help me out with this one? I am pretty sure it is okay by looking at the photos but I would a second or third opinion? Thanks for looking & your help!! Terry. M.C George V.. & caseM.C George V.. & caseM.C George V.. & caseM.C George V.. & caseM.C George V.. & caseM.C George V.. & case

You're OK - what is being asked for it price wise?

Pics are very blurry - details hard to see. Correct pin,
    ribbon is a replacement, but it seems to be ok.
    Can you get better photos.........?
    Regards,

Steve.

I don't think the ribbon is a replacement - it looks like watered silk and it has the proper three hole clutch pin back for this era. I think it is a nice unissued MC that has done well by time. The suspension bad has the step in it, the ring is correct and there is the bevel around the back eyelet where the suspension ring passes though - which is typical of most MC's although the bevel is not always present on earlier issues.

?

Thanks guys for the info 665 pounds is the asking price!!!.. Cheers Terry.

Hi Terry,

The price is a bit high honestly, but not unusual, they sit for a long time on lists and ebay at this sort of price - if you are diligent and know your stuff you can find one for nearer 500 GBP. But for a moment let me 'devils advocate' to you: why do you want a single MC - they are somewhat meaningless and usually when medal collectors are buying these it is to complete groups that are missing the decoration. British medal collecting is very different mentally than German awards, which are all nameless/faceless. Over time you will see more satisfaction from acquiring a complete group and the research aspects are enjoyable too. For a few hundred quid more you could get a decent MC & pair for a corp unit or an artillery officer. Why not do that instead?
    An excellent 2.Lieutenants German March Offensive Military Cross group 8 Manchesters (Ashton Territorials) for commanding a rearguard action as the last remaining officer | British Medals by Rennie Alcock

?

Yeah I did think of that.... I do have an orginal case & a stocking filler cross for now I just thought a real cross would be nice. But I do see what you are getting at. I have a MM set & it does sit nicely on the WW1 shelf so I will give that a good thinking over. & thank you for the link to those excellent medals.. Cheers Terry.