Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Medal Coffin Case Question

Article about: hello all. I recently picked up this named bronze star lot. The case seems much earlier then the other coffin cases I own. what years was this type of case made? The name is James V. Deagust

Default Medal Coffin Case Question

hello all. I recently picked up this named bronze star lot. The case seems much earlier then the other coffin cases I own.
    what years was this type of case made? The name is James V. Deagustine. Where can I find info on this guy?
    Thanks in advance
    NedMedal Coffin Case QuestionMedal Coffin Case QuestionMedal Coffin Case Question

Might be the same guy. The NARA is always a good place to start! As for the case, I can't help you there. I am sure someone will be along with the information you seek.

403 Request Blocked

NARA - AAD - Page not found

the pacific campaign medal that came as part of the set has 3 campaign stars and a spearhead device. where could I find unit info? Thanks In advance

?

Earlier medal cases were made of wood whereas the later versions were constructed from metal. The Bronze Star itself is a WWII era slot-brooch however I believe the engraving is 50's era. Likely the vet applied for a Bronze Star, which he was entitled to if he earned the CIB. More info on that below from wikipedia:

Bronze Star Medal - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

World War II infantry award

As a result of a study conducted in 1947, the policy was implemented that authorized the retroactive award of the Bronze Star Medal (without the "V" device) to all soldiers who had received the Combat Infantryman Badge or the Combat Medical Badge during World War II. The basis for doing this was that the badges were awarded only to soldiers who had borne the hardships which resulted in General Marshall's support of the Bronze Star Medal. Both badges required a recommendation by the commander and a citation in orders

Not much info on the vet. I did find his WWII Compensation Application. If you really want to find out, you could contact Geoff at www.goldenarrowresearch.com. He may be able to find additional information for you, obviously for a fee.

Or, you could submit SF-180 and request the info from the Archives. This can take a few months and while free, they charge a fee to make copies of any paperwork found ($20-$60). At times, this cost can be greater than Geoff's fee.

http://www.archives.gov/research/ord...d-form-180.pdf

Good luck!

yuengling thanks! where have you been my whole life! awesome help

?

Quote by GeneralPutnam View Post
    yuengling thanks! where have you been my whole life! awesome help
    I've been sitting here patiently, waiting for you to post this medal!

In all seriousness, no problem at all. Just glad I could help although Nathan did a lot of the legwork locating his findagrave memorial.

you guys are great, anything I can help u with let me know

I wonder why the family disposed of his medal? Perhaps the family line went extinct and there was no one to pass it on to.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."