Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Medal Grouping to Coldstream Guards Veteran

Article about: Hello folks. I have started getting back into British medals recently, of both the First and Second World Wars. This, the first of two groupings I have purchased, arrived today. A grouping o

Default Medal Grouping to Coldstream Guards Veteran

Hello folks.

I have started getting back into British medals recently, of both the First and Second World Wars. This, the first of two groupings I have purchased, arrived today. A grouping of four medals and discharge paperwork, belonging to a veteran of the Coldstream Guards. A Mister J.H. Short, born on the 13th October 1921. Army number: 2665093.

The medals themselves are unfortunately not named, as is typical with WWII British decorations. They are all in very nice condition, and appear to have been removed from a medal bar at some point. The discharge certificate has seen better days, however. It has had a lot of pages cut out of it, which appears to be common practice for these certificates, as my great grandmother's discharge papers have undergone the same treatment.

If anyone is able to work out more about Mr Short, including any finer details of his service, I would be very appreciative.

Medal Grouping to Coldstream Guards VeteranMedal Grouping to Coldstream Guards VeteranMedal Grouping to Coldstream Guards VeteranMedal Grouping to Coldstream Guards VeteranMedal Grouping to Coldstream Guards VeteranMedal Grouping to Coldstream Guards VeteranMedal Grouping to Coldstream Guards Veteran

Regards, B.B.

?

A very nice grouping there B.B.