Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Is this medal original?

Article about: Is this Kuomintang of China's medals original? Or is it fake?

Default Is this medal original?

Is this Kuomintang of China's medals original?
    Or is it fake?

Is this medal original?Is this medal original?Is this medal original?Is this medal original?Is this medal original?

MAP
    ?

I really don't know this award so take my comments as you see fit.

A quick web search pulled up a couple of examples. All of which had a completely different type of ribbon. Further the fine details on the others were slightly different. That said, I have no idea if the ones I saw are original or not.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    I really don't know this award so take my comments as you see fit.

A quick web search pulled up a couple of examples. All of which had a completely different type of ribbon. Further the fine details on the others were slightly different. That said, I have no idea if the ones I saw are original or not.

Hallo

Ribbon and design are basically correct for this medal.
    This is awarded to ww 2 ~ modern times.
    There are differences in details depending on the year of manufacture.

China War Memorial Medal - TracesOfWar.com

This has a fake.
    So I asked a question.

MAP
    ?

Well. I guess the ones I saw online were fake then

Sorry I couldn't help more.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Fake, the yellow is a little off tone to the real, otherwise decent reproduction, besides the fact that I don’t see a name, which most repro’s don’t have names. ��

Unteroffizer Klaus (Liam)

Quote by Mr Military Guy View Post
    Fake, the yellow is a little off tone to the real, otherwise decent reproduction, besides the fact that I don’t see a name, which most repro’s don’t have names. ��

Unteroffizer Klaus (Liam)
    That is given by WW 2.
    This medal is still being awarded.
    It has no name.
    Therefore, it is not fakes because there is no name.

Mimikiti,,

Your medal is fine. It is what we call in the US as a restrike medal. This is not a WW2 era medal but a current issue restrike. Restrike simply means that a die was struck possibly from the original medal die and medals can be reproduced for present day issue. Many soldiers from WW2 may have been eligible for the medal but never received it. Now with the restrike available, veterans and families of deceased Veterans can purchase replacement medals. In some cases with proper proof that said medals were awarded, families can request replacement medals at no cost. I hope that this clarifies and explains a little better what you have.. again this is not fake it is a current reproduction replacement medal..

Smitty