Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

My Brazilian Expeditionary Force Medals ("In Progress")

Article about: Hi, These are my FEB - Brazilian Expeditionary force medals from WWII. This Force, with the US 5th Army, fought the Germans on the north Italy in 1944-1945. This collection is in progress. N

Default My Brazilian Expeditionary Force Medals ("In Progress")

Hi,
    These are my FEB - Brazilian Expeditionary force medals from WWII.
    This Force, with the US 5th Army, fought the Germans on the north Italy in 1944-1945.
    This collection is in progress. Not yet finished. Hope you enjoy.
    Please, be free to make comments or sugestions.
    Regards

Fabio
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My Brazilian Expeditionary Force Medals ("In Progress")   My Brazilian Expeditionary Force Medals ("In Progress")  

My Brazilian Expeditionary Force Medals ("In Progress")   My Brazilian Expeditionary Force Medals ("In Progress")  

My Brazilian Expeditionary Force Medals ("In Progress")   My Brazilian Expeditionary Force Medals ("In Progress")  

My Brazilian Expeditionary Force Medals ("In Progress")  

alexandro
    ?

Default Re: My Brazilian Expeditionary Force Medals ("In Progress")

Hello Fabio,

I´m also brazilian and I´m starting to collect war relics. I had already got some itens from friends, stores ...
    We can get in touch to discuss about militaria from FEB and ours personal collections.

Sure, Alexandro!

Do you live in Brazil or somewhere else??

We can talk via private message in portuguese, or in english here, so the other fellow collectors can understand what we are talking about.

Best regards,

Fábio
    I´m also brazilian and I´m starting to collect war relics. I had already got some itens from friends, stores ...
    We can get in touch to discuss about militaria from FEB and ours personal collections.[/QUOTE]

Nice medals a very modest start can you tell us what these medal where awarded for ??

Sure!
    From the left to right:
    The one with the orange ribbon is Brazilian Blood Medal (Medalha Sangue do Brasil), awarded to Officers, soldiers or civilians who were wonded by enemy action in Italia (ETO).
    The one with yellow ribbon is Brazilian War medal (Medalha de Guerra) awarded to officers, soldiers or civilians who rendered relevant services for the war effort, troops training, performance on special mission in Brazilian territory or abroad.
    The last one (right) with the green ribbon is the Campaign Medal of the Brazilian Expeditionary Force (Medalha de Campanha da Força Expedicionária Brasileira), awarded to all expeditionary men who participated in war operations in Italy (ETO) without discrediting note. The numbers(16/VII/1944) are the day, month and year of the first brazilian troops arrival in Italy.

The info were obtained on the Book:
    Medalhas Militares Brasileiras da Segunda Guerra Mundial - Leis, Decretos e Regulamentos
    Ministério da Educação e Cultura - Museu Histórico Nacional (Rio de Janeiro/ Brasil - 1956)

Regards,

Fábio

- - Updated - -

Sure!
    From the left to right:
    The one with the orange ribbon is Brazilian Blood Medal (Medalha Sangue do Brasil), awarded to Officers, soldiers or civilians who were wonded by enemy action in Italia (ETO).
    The one with yellow ribbon is Brazilian War medal (Medalha de Guerra) awarded to officers, soldiers or civilians who rendered relevant services for the war effort, troops training, performance on special mission in Brazilian territory or abroad.
    The last one (right) with the green ribbon is the Campaign Medal of the Brazilian Expeditionary Force (Medalha de Campanha da Força Expedicionária Brasileira), awarded to all expeditionary men who participated in war operations in Italy (ETO) without discrediting note. The numbers(16/VII/1944) are the day, month and year of the first brazilian troops arrival in Italy.

The info were obtained from the Book:
    Medalhas Militares Brasileiras da Segunda Guerra Mundial - Leis, Decretos e Regulamentos
    Ministério da Educação e Cultura - Museu Histórico Nacional (Rio de Janeiro/ Brasil - 1956)

Regards,

Fábio

Sure!
    From the left to right:

The info were obtained from the Book:

Regards,

Fábio

?

Something different you don't see these medals everyday!! Infact I have never seen these medals at all lol. So thanks for sharing very interesting. Cheers Terry.