MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

My Grandads Medals

Article about: by GIZMO8Z Did you staple the medal ribbons to the backing? I'd be afraid of the staples rusting and staining the ribbons... I agree with that. If I were you, I would take a sharp blade and

?

Default Re: My Grandads Medals

Quote by GIZMO8Z View Post
    Did you staple the medal ribbons to the backing? I'd be afraid of the staples rusting and staining the ribbons...
    I agree with that. If I were you, I would take a sharp blade and make a slit in the backing board the width of the ribbon and thread the ends of the ribbons through. It will keep the untidy ends out of sight and take away the need for staples.
    Great pieces of family history though!

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

it's wonderful that you have these, aussie mick. thank you for displaying them here.

i wish i had my father's medals. the last time i saw them was in 1969. that was in saudi arabia. they were at the bottom of his closet in a shoe box. i have absolutely no idea what became of them and we have moved so many times.

Thanks Again everyone,
    Yes i am extremely proud of them,when my Grandfather passed away some of the family wanted to split them up,but i refused as he had always promised them to me,since i was a kid and besides they deserve to be kept together..Strangly enough noone was interested in them back then, except me.
    and i think i will take your advice Adrian and mount them properly.
    Cheers Fellas
    Mick

such a good story that you are so extremely proud of them and him. damn, i'm proud of you and i don't even know you.

to think that he was so lucky as to have a grandson like you who truly cares and cared enough to keep his medals from being scattered.

now they are proudly displayed in remembrance.

again, thank you for showing them here and telling the story.

Nice grouping! I too have my grandfathers ww2 medals on display in my room!

Mick you should put a photo of your grandad in with the medal display, that comes up quite good.

simply beautiful, thank you fore sharing. did you make the display or did he?

Quote by medalman90 View Post
    simply beautiful, thank you fore sharing. did you make the display or did he?
    No i made the display,rather poorly im afraid,but everytime i look at them i remember him.
    Pte Frank Ivan Buckingham (1/10/1921 - 25/5/1993)
    QX21155
    2/31st Australian Infantry Battalion
    2nd AIF.
    Australian Commonwealth Military Forces.

A while ago now
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My Grandads Medals  

Terrific photo Mick, a picture says a thousand words they reckon, I think this one says all of that. Great stuff mate.

Great photo, Mick. Looks like you two were good mates, too. It's a great thing to be able to display the medals of loved ones, not everyone has that opportunity! I think we are lucky!

Josh

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2