MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Named 1939-1945 Medal

Article about: Hi I thought I would post the first medal I brought. A named 1939-1945 medal to M21918 A:Hoffman. I have no information about his service career so any help would be much appreciated. Thanks

Default Re: Named 1939-1945 Medal

Hi

Thanks guys. I will see what I can find.

Cameron

This medal is definitely South African - note the distinctive South African type suspender when compared to other Commonwealth ones. The M prefix suggests that the recipient was of Malay origin (there were a number of prefixes - M, C (for Coloured), F (for WAAF), W (for WAAS), SAP (for Police), etc. There are a number of local registered researchers to have access to SANDF records who will be able to obtain a copy of his service record - you can try Dewald Nel at dewald@nelantiques.co.za

Quote by flyingspringbok View Post
    This medal is definitely South African - note the distinctive South African type suspender when compared to other Commonwealth ones. The M prefix suggests that the recipient was of Malay origin (there were a number of prefixes - M, C (for Coloured), F (for WAAF), W (for WAAS), SAP (for Police), etc. There are a number of local registered researchers to have access to SANDF records who will be able to obtain a copy of his service record - you can try Dewald Nel at dewald@nelantiques.co.za
    Hi

Thank you for this information. I was struggling to find anything, but this has pointed me in the right direction of identifying this gentleman.

Thanks

Cameron

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2