Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Named PH, SS and BS set with boxes

Article about: hello all, I'm considering buying a named PH, SS and BS set with boxes. Doing some reseach on the medals i found that it was posted at another forum. PH, SS, BS medal set - can anyone helkp

Default Named PH, SS and BS set with boxes

hello all,

I'm considering buying a named PH, SS and BS set with boxes. Doing some reseach on the medals i found that it was posted at another forum.

PH, SS, BS medal set - can anyone helkp with research pleasw? - MEDALS & DECORATIONS - U.S. Militaria Forum

I was just curious about the value of this set.

thanks in advance

Named PH, SS and BS set with boxesNamed PH, SS and BS set with boxes

Default Re: Named PH, SS and BS set with boxes

Hi,they look a nice set,as to value I do not know,buy obviously WW2 era are more expensive than later as a rule,but then again,if it is anything like UK awards,a specific unit can make a huge difference in price!! Leon.

Thanks. What would be the maximum you would pay for this set including the boxes?

thanks

You Did note the oakleaf pins also? Each oakleaf signified the award of Another of the medal to which it is attached. If you had a Silver leaf, it meant that you had also received Five more awards.(1 silver =5 bronze leafs). I am intrigued by the Silver Star which Looks to have Also had some sort of attachment to the ribbon but is now missing. If this is a legitimate set, whoever earned these awards saw some Serious action.
    Last edited by Wagriff; 05-17-2013 at 04:17 AM.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Can we get a better shot of the engravings? Just remember: WWII vintage medals were used as new old stock through the Vietnam war, which means that based on the style of the engraving, these could have been awarded to a VN veteran. I'm sure that his name would come up in muster rolls, especially if he got 2 PH, 3 BS and a SS; that would narrow down the search to figure out this soldier's story.

with groupings like this the difference in 100s of dollars could be was he a kia, his unit, other won medals, wars he fought in theese can make big differences !!

As far as I know attached are some of his service record. I haven't done any other research just yet.

Named PH, SS and BS set with boxesNamed PH, SS and BS set with boxesNamed PH, SS and BS set with boxes

From the forum i found earlier, the lettering is not WWII and may have been a private engraving.
    PH, SS, BS medal set - can anyone helkp with research pleasw? - MEDALS & DECORATIONS - U.S. Militaria Forum

I'm looking at paying $400 with shipping. Worth it?

A shame that his 2 Presidential Citation Unit pieces are missing, but they could be replaced, if desired-as could the Silver Star oakleaf. The 2 PCU's weren't actual Medals, per se, but were Ribbon Bars. By the style of the engraving I would agree that this is probably a later replacement set for Irving who may have lost his original issued set. An uncommon grouping for a Jewish serviceman who, apparently, got himself into some pretty hairy stuff in WWII-I wonder which theater he was in, to see so much trouble? My guess would be the Pacific. $400 is probably not a bad price for the lot, but, as always, it depends on how badly you want it, of course.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."