Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Need help. Unknown ribbon bars

Article about: Happy Sunday morning everyone. I just found this lot of ribbon bars for sale, in a popular Spanish collection page. As you can see it is about eight ribbon bars. I have numbered them from 1

Default Need help. Unknown ribbon bars

Happy Sunday morning everyone.
    I just found this lot of ribbon bars for sale, in a popular Spanish collection page.
    As you can see it is about eight ribbon bars. I have numbered them from 1 to 8.
    The first four are not a problem for me, because they are Spanish, typical of a fighter of the Blue Division.
    1. East Front Medal
    2. German Medal for Spanish volunteers of the Blue Division
    3. Spanish War Cross; and
    4. Red Cross of Military Merit.

My problem is the other four, numbered from 5 to 8.
    I have no idea what country or what time they are. I apologize if this is not very suitable for this section of the forum, although I got the feeling that they could be from an allied nation.
    Please any help is welcome.
    Thanks in advance.

#5 ?? unsure Italy Army Long Service Command Military Medal Silver 986 Decoration 15 years Italian Republic Mint 1953 - Dracomedals Medals-Orders Medals Orders Decorations

seems like on the ribbon bar itself, a star should be in place but maybe yours isn't present?

#7 ??
    War Cross for Military Valor - Wikipedia

Hey Tabstabs1964, just curious if you found out any info regarding numbers 5-8. I’ve spent some time just surfing aimlessly. Tricky one you have!
    Last edited by SirCaleb; 05-05-2019 at 03:29 PM.

Hi SirCaleb.
    Thank you very much for your help and interest.
    Unfortunately I could not find out anything about ribbons 6 and 8.
    I contacted the seller in case he was willing to split the lot, but he said no. Although it has greatly reduced the price for the entire lot.
    I do not know what to do, I guess I'll end up buying it.
    I asked him if he knew what country the ribbons were. He replied that he did not know but that they all came from an old military effects shop in Barcelona.
    I spent several hours looking for ribbons, country by country ....

By the way, the fact that ribbons 5 and 7 are Italian agrees very well with the fact that they come from the liquidation of an old military effects store in Barcelona.

?

#8 corresponds to MEDALLA ITALIANA GUERRA CIVIL ESPAÑOLA as per these pictures which I'm not sure are 100% accurate as sometimes ribbons are attached to the wrong medal for promoting a sale. pardon the poor pictures, just a quick snapshot of the screen:

Aldo to the rescue!
    You are incredible friend!
    There are already three Italian Ribbons confirmed

?

Thank you Sir, here is the same medal again to confirm it's configuration. The colors are faded but nonetheless the same.

Need help. Unknown ribbon barsNeed help. Unknown ribbon bars

?

Not to confuse the situation further but i found the same ribbon on a different Italian medal "MEDALLA VOLUNTARIOS GUERRA CIVIL FASCISTAS ITALIANOS DEL BATALLON BERMEO - FLECHAS NEGRAS" I believe this may be a case where the wrong ribbon was attached to a medal for sales purposes.

Need help. Unknown ribbon barsNeed help. Unknown ribbon bars

Definitely they look like ribbons of decorations belonging to the members of CTV "Corpo Truppe Volontarie" of our civil war in Spain.

Thanks again to both for the help.

Now we only need one to identify!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast