Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

New Member from New Zealand

Article about: Gidday to one and all...i have been interested in collecting medals since i Received my great uncles MM from WW2..i have a couple of WW1 RAF medals so far but after all my searching i have d

taznz
    ?

Default New Member from New Zealand

Gidday to one and all...i have been interested in collecting medals since i Received my great uncles MM from WW2..i have a couple of WW1 RAF medals so far but after all my searching i have decided to collect US medals (ww1 , WW2). Question is the items on E-Bay (groups etc) appeal to me as they come with A dog tag or another bit of information regarding the person who they were awarded to , should i be wary of these groups or are my chances of getting "ripped off" remote. I am interested in researching the Soldiers , Sailors and Aircrew that won these awards (my hobby). If any one knows some places apart from E-bay to purchase awards etc please let me no as New Zealand dealers mainly sell British etc.

I am currently watching a couple of Auctions on e-bay and there is a WW2 Navy group on there , but i just dont no enough about US medals..

thanks
    Scott

Default Re: New Member from New Zealand

Try Bay State Militaria and Antiques there are plenty of American dealers, get a copy of military trade newspaper and check the listings. Military Trader | Your Complete Military Collecting Destination

Now I collect British medals and uniforms etc. what are the details on your uncles MM? that is a lovely thing to have.

taznz
    ?

Default Re: New Member from New Zealand

Aster: The details of the MM are My great uncle was an Engineer 2NZEF in WW2 while at Monte Cassino he was mine clearing so that the Bulldozers could clear away rubble at the Railway station i think it was. He spent a considerable amount of time with another Sapper clearing Tellermines and box Shue mines while under mortar and machine gun fire. After all that he went on to help bring back wounded. Thats the basic story :-)