Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Nice Dunkirk Medal Grouping inc minatures and dog tags.

Article about: Paula the wife saw these in local militaria dealers shop in the town and reserved for me. Really nice Dunkirk medal grouping to an R.Child Royal Artillery. Group includes his full sized meda

Default Nice Dunkirk Medal Grouping inc minatures and dog tags.

Paula the wife saw these in local militaria dealers shop in the town and reserved for me. Really nice Dunkirk medal grouping to an R.Child Royal Artillery. Group includes his full sized medals, minatures plus boxed Dunkirk medal and boxed Territorial Efficiency medal. The Dunkirk medal also has the named certificate with it in box also with its miniature plus his dog tags which I thought was a really nice set Regards Tim.Attachment 928629Attachment 928629

?

Looks like he got around a bit.
    A nice little research project.

Tony

Yes nice lot and worth doing the reasearch on . looks like a interesting shop also , is that German daggers i can see in the glass case under the medals ?

Buy that lady a box of chocolates! She sure knows the way to a mans heart. A lovely group of medals. Leon.

?

Very nice set Tim !
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

A good group and interesting to see it has the unofficial Dunkirk medal. I wonder how many of these were applied for to the French?
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Just a little extra info on the Dunkirk medal:

The Dunkirk Medal 1940

Its called the Magpie Antiques & Militaria Manchester House Evesham Worcs. They have some nice WW2 German daggers in the display counter. One of the nicest things in there at the moment is display only and a Knights Cross grouping in display unit to a U-Boat captain-never seen one in the flesh before and dread to think what it would cost if offered for sale!! Regards Tim.

Thanks Leon and shes allways sourcing and buying medals or having them put by for me and I know how rare this is in the hobby. I'm lucky that Paula is as interested in them as me Regards Tim.

Previous to seeing this group id never heard of or seen the Dunkirk medal. Apparently awarded by the town of Dunkirk to French veterans but then also granted to British Dunkirk veterans via application. Originals should come boxed with miniature and named certificate. I think all mounted up in a nice display frame these will look stunning and I do kind of like these 'un-official' medals as most are very attractive in design and add a bit of colour to otherwise mundane WW2 groups. Regards Tim.