Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Nice WW II swiss medal /badge

Article about: Hallo meine Kameraden.. One of my last finds is this swiss medal or badge, which dispays a mother with child, in the back there are marching troops, with swiss flag, rifles on the shoulder,

Default Nice WW II swiss medal /badge

Hallo meine Kameraden..

Nice WW II  swiss medal /badge

Nice WW II  swiss medal /badge

One of my last finds is this swiss medal or badge, which dispays a mother with child, in the back there are marching troops, with swiss flag, rifles on the shoulder, and the trademark swiss helmets. There is a date in roman numbers, I.VIII.1940, which is the swiss national day. The nazi-invasion was expected at any moments in this days, i guess that therefore it is a little belicious... Any opinions on this one are welcome..

i dont know if i posted it at the right place.. sorry if not.

Default Re: Nice WW II swiss medal /badge

Nice badge.

I suppose you know it is missing the pin on the back ?
    Regards,

Steve.

Quote by Walkwolf View Post
    Nice badge.

I suppose you know it is missing the pin on the back ?

yes, i realized that, that´s the price of having been rolling around through time & space for now more than 70 years. It´s sort of like an old man without hair..

I cannot I.D. it, but if all else fails, you might even be able to have it identified by the maker. The firm of Huguenin (now Faude & Huguenin) at Le Locle still exists and still produces medals, pins, trophies etc.: Faude & Huguenin AG - Ihr Partner fr Medaillen, Abzeichen, Plaketten und Mnzen

Quote by danhashman View Post
    yes, i realized that, that´s the price of having been rolling around through time & space for now more than 70 years. It´s sort of like an old man without hair..
    LOL ! I know the feeling....................!
    Regards,

Steve.

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    I cannot I.D. it, but if all else fails, you might even be able to have it identified by the maker. The firm of Huguenin (now Faude & Huguenin) at Le Locle still exists and still produces medals, pins, trophies etc.: Faude & Huguenin AG - Ihr Partner fr Medaillen, Abzeichen, Plaketten und Mnzen
    Vielen dank, mein freund..
    Cool info you gave me, and nice to know that the factory still exists. I think that it´s an 1.august badge (ist der schweizer nationalferiertag). it might have belonged to my grandfather, and with the mom on it it looks civilian to me. let´s see if i get an answer by the factory..