Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Original oak leaves? Mentioned in dispatches

Article about: Spent a few hours on this with no real results. May have wasted my time. Just wondering folks is there any way to tell the difference between immediate post war examples and later or reprodu

Default Original oak leaves? Mentioned in dispatches

Spent a few hours on this with no real results. May have wasted my time.
    Just wondering folks is there any way to tell the difference between immediate post war examples and later or reproduction oak leaves on war medals. Could be dead end question due to different manufacturers and dies. There seems to be many war medals out there with oak leaves attached.
    This example I am showing is slightly hollow and seems to have oxidized remains of solder down the underside of the stem of the leave as if blade/ prongs may have been attached. It measures 28.7mm long.
    Would be nice to know if it stands a chance.
    Thank you
    Rod
    Original oak leaves? Mentioned in dispatchesOriginal oak leaves? Mentioned in dispatchesOriginal oak leaves? Mentioned in dispatches

My dads set have blades on the reverse to hold it to the ribbon.

Here the front, I never took a pic of the reverse, but it would just show two small blades.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Original oak leaves? Mentioned in dispatches  
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Thanks Jerry for showing your example, I was hoping you would show your dads one as i remember you posting his medals before. Have you ever measured the length of it?
    As I say there’s probably no way of knowing for sure.
    Below is a example of a reproduction leave which is on sale, and they have sold at least 13.
    Thanks again
    Rod
    Original oak leaves? Mentioned in dispatches

They are 28mm or one & one eighth of an inch long.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.