Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Pakistan Independence Medal

Article about: Hello everyone. i Have this attributed medal and i am unsure of how to begin my research of the gentlemen awarded this medal or what any of the abbreviations mean. can anyone point me in the

Default Re: Pakistan Independence Medal

Quote by medalman90 View Post
    Hello Ehajz, thank for your help! this has been a mystery for the longest time. i didn't realize there were any reply's to this thread until today...silly me. you would happen to know how i could research this man would you?
    Well you could try here:

Sign In - South Asia Gongs

However your chances are pretty slim as IIRC there is no registery and a lance Corporal is a low ranking person.

Larry

Ehjaz
    ?

Hi,

Research in Pakistan is very difficult as there are no online records. The medal has incribed the recipients Pakistani regiment/unit and you will need to approach them directly for information. If we knew the recipients unit prior to independence, there may be some records held in British Indian databases. His rank may have been different prior to Independence (this assumes the recipient was enrolled in the forces before 1947).

Sorry I can not be of more help. I collect the variations of units/regiments for this medal and the 1965 Sitara-i-Harb

Kind regards,

Ehjaz

its ok Ehjaz. all the information that you have provided has been helpful and informative. i picked this piece up a long time ago when i didn't know much about traceable medals. i should have asked the seller more about it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2