Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Post WW2 British army question.

Article about: General Service Medal - British Army Website Best Regards, Andy

?

Default Re: Post WW2 British army question.

Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff8c00][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

Quote by aj4010 View Post
    That's the Campaign Service Medal 1962...

Rob

Quote by Battery Command Post View Post
    No, there was never a Northern Ireland bar for the General Service Medal, and there were no clasps issued for it at all. In all, there were 16 bars authorised for this award.

Rob
    This is out of my field Rob but I respectfully disagree, I was sure I'd seen something so I had a look on google. 1960's onwards according to this source.

Maybe I'm tripping up on nomenclature here, but this is what I was describing.

Andy

?

Way out of my comfort zone too. I had two step brothers who did several tours in the early 70's though. I'm pretty sure I saw something like that that they had. I have lost contact with them now, so I cant ask them.

Best Regards,

Andy
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff8c00][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

Quote by KradSpam View Post
    This is out of my field Rob but I respectfully disagree, I was sure I'd seen something so I had a look on google. 1960's onwards according to this source.

Maybe I'm tripping up on nomenclature here, but this is what I was describing.

Andy
    What I'm saying is that's a 1962 Campaign Service Medal with Northern Ireland bar, which didn't exist in the period we are discussing In the c1950 period, the only medal being generally issued was the General Service Medal 1918-1962, which didn't have any NI bar issued.

Rob

Quote by Battery Command Post View Post
    What I'm saying is that's a 1962 Campaign Service Medal with Northern Ireland bar, which didn't exist in the period we are discussing In the c1950 period, the only medal being generally issued was the General Service Medal 1918-1962, which didn't have any NI bar issued.

Rob
    Gotcha

I was mixing the two medals up, back to the drawing board. I'll stick to German lids for now

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2